GForce Minimonsta2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Minimonsta2

Out now with cheap upgrade offer.
https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/minimonsta2/
Will buy without demo, but GForce website taking the strain again.

https://youtu.be/rFbzb49hlck

Insta-upgrade! (Well, as instantly as the server will allow)

The bass-preserving filter is a great idea.

Awesome! Did they keep the performance patch morphing feature?

This is the best thing thing about Minimonsta for me, and let you do things in performance you couldn't do on other instruments.

Edit: Hmm, can't see anything about patch morphing on the GUI or the web. This would be a shame...

What's the price for the upgrade? The site is not responding :D

beely wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:55 am Awesome! Did they keep the performance patch morphing feature?

This is the best thing thing about Minimonsta for me, and let you do things in performance you couldn't do on other instruments.

Edit: Hmm, can't see anything about patch morphing on the GUI or the web. This would be a shame...
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

0degree wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:03 am What's the price for the upgrade? The site is not responding :D
25 GBP
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

beely wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:55 am Awesome! Did they keep the performance patch morphing feature?

They did a survey some time back and it seems that most people didn't use the morph feature (I never did on Oddity either).

The macros can be used as a more elegant solution I believe, like on Oddity 3. One of the problems with morphing was that switches just flipped at the halfway point, so I think macros is supposed to solve that. Dunno, I never used morphing or macros tbh.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

morelia wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:06 am
0degree wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:03 am What's the price for the upgrade? The site is not responding :D
25 GBP
Excluding VAT (unfortunately)

Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:08 am They did a survey some time back and it seems that most people didn't use the morph feature (I never did on Oddity either).
Yep, I remember this being removed from Oddity for the same reason, which is why I suspected it would be the case. Oddity's patch morphing worked differently to Minimonsta though.
Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:08 amThe macros can be used as a more elegant solution I believe, like on Oddity 3. One of the problems with morphing was that switches just flipped at the halfway point, so I think macros is supposed to solve that. Dunno, I never used morphing or macros tbh.
Macros are useful too, but they serve a different purpose.

Where the keyboard driven morphing was great was that you could make a main sound, then save tweaked versions of that sound across the 12 variation patches - modifications to LFO's, or envelopes, filters etc - then *play* those changes while playing notes. So you could do rhythmic switching between LFO speeds, and plenty of other cool performance things, *while* playing - either with instant switching, or slower morphs (velocity controlled to if you like). It gave some *amazing* results, and really made MM for me.

So yes, I understand why they discontinued it, but it was a great, unique feature I still love to this day. I can still use MM1 of course for that feature, so nothing is lost*, as such

* (It will remain my secret weapon!)
Last edited by beely on Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not my kind of synth, but i see there also are other discounted synths, such oddity, and that what i was waiting for :p

Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:09 am
morelia wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:06 am
25 GBP
Excluding VAT (unfortunately)
Stick a US address in.

Sweet. Always liked the minimonsta. Curious how much they’ve improved on the filter. The option of maintaining the bass is great to see. I love the mini filter but always wanted that mod.

Can’t wait for imposcar3 with the new browser and other goodies!

Awesome
It's so great to see Gforce back in business , they ve been killing it for the past 2 years :tu:
HOwever , when setting drive and reso at max and tweaking the filter cutoff it aliases like a mopho just like the minimonsta 1 , not good .
BOth filter type set to original and modern does NOT improve it , no difference at all
Imho , monark is still king
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Does this happen if you drop the internal buffer to 16 or 8?

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:49 pm Awesome
It's so great to see Gforce back in business , they ve been killing it for the past 2 years :tu:
HOwever , when setting drive and reso at max and tweaking the filter cutoff it aliases like a mopho just like the minimonsta 1 , not good .
BOth filter type set to original and modern does NOT improve it , no difference at all
Imho , monark is still king
Ouch that’s what I was afraid of. Can’t have a competitive mini with a 2005 filter.

Return to “Instruments”