[Now V2.66] Blue Cat's PatchWork Multi FX & Host Updated! (V2.65)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Dear KVR Members,

We have just released an update for Blue Cat's PatchWork, our multi-effects processor also capable of hosting third party plug-ins.

This new version brings the ability to oversample processing for individual plug-ins (up to 16x). It is also possible to choose custom colors for all plug-in slots, and the macro parameters introduced in V2.6 can now mix PatchWork's own parameters with hosted plug-ins' parameters. The full list of new features and fixes is available below.

The free update can be downloaded from the same location as the original full version (link received by email upon purchase). PatchWork is exceptionally on sale (10% off) until April 14th, while existing customers will receive an even better deal by email. Demo versions are available on www.bluecataudio.com in most plug-in formats (and as a standalone application) for Mac and Windows PC.

What's New in PatchWork 2.65:
- Plug-ins oversampling: it is now possible to oversample processing for every plug-in (up to 16x).
- Custom Colors: Each individual plug-in instance can now be assigned a custom color.
- Updated 120 factory presets and all built-in plug-ins with custom colors.
- PatchWork can now use its own parameters in macros, mixed together with loaded plug-ins parameters.
- Graphical user interface refresh performance improvements, especially on Mac.
- Improved resampling when the application starts streaming audio as a network server with Blue Cat's Connector.
- Fixed custom tone maps presets not properly saved for some built-in plug-ins (Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Sweep Filter, Wave Shaper, Freq Shifter, Wah, EQ).
- Fixed stuck notes with some VST3 instruments.
- Fixed some VST3 instruments not producing any sound (like Toontrack instruments).
- Ableton Live 11: Fixed PatchWork VST3 MIDI input not detected and PatchWork Synth VST3 not loading.

System requirements:
- Intel or Apple Silicon Mac running Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- Windows PC running Windows Vista or newer.

Enjoy! :party:
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another great update. Patchwork is killing it these days.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:18 pm Another great update. Patchwork is killing it these days.
Thanks!

Great update and great plugin. I have been taking advantage of the oversampling and building plugins within this plugin using the macros.

If possible, these are a few things that i think could benefit the workflow.

-the ability to reorder the macros (drag positions in the editor page, and this is reflected on the plugin).

-the ability to have + and - unipolar macro knobs, and the option to make it bipolar. Exactly how Kilohearts Snap Heap does it.

-this is minor but i noticed it with the new addition of adding colors. When assigning colors to a "slot", the color remains if you change the plugin within that slot.

MattLeschuck wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:05 pm -this is minor but i noticed it with the new addition of adding colors. When assigning colors to a "slot", the color remains if you change the plugin within that slot.
I guess the question is: are you coloring the plugin, or coloring the slot?

Totally agree with reordering the macros and a bipolar option. I'd also add: oversampling the entire plugin FX chain. But Reaper lets me do that by just oversampling Patchwork itself.

MattLeschuck wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:05 pm Great update and great plugin. I have been taking advantage of the oversampling and building plugins within this plugin using the macros.
Thanks!
-the ability to reorder the macros (drag positions in the editor page, and this is reflected on the plugin).
Yes, that's definitely a pain to reorder manually if you did not get things right in the first place :-)
-the ability to have + and - unipolar macro knobs, and the option to make it bipolar. Exactly how Kilohearts Snap Heap does it.
I have no idea what this means so I guess I'll have to look at this plugin. Several options such as buttons vs knobs are also in the plans.
-this is minor but i noticed it with the new addition of adding colors. When assigning colors to a "slot", the color remains if you change the plugin within that slot.
It should indeed probably reset to the default color. BTW if you save the plug-in as favorite and reload it from there, the color is set properly.

Awesome update, again. Thanx so much!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:12 pm I guess the question is: are you coloring the plugin, or coloring the slot?
The idea is to give a color to the plug-in instance (if you drag and drop it, the color follows).
I'd also add: oversampling the entire plugin FX chain.
There is a tip in the manual regarding this particular scenario:
User Manual wrote:Tip: If you want to oversample an entire chain of plug-ins, you can load the built-in version of PatchWork in a slot, load your plug-ins inside, and choose to oversample the Patchwork plug-in containing the entire chain.
:)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:12 pm
MattLeschuck wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:05 pm -this is minor but i noticed it with the new addition of adding colors. When assigning colors to a "slot", the color remains if you change the plugin within that slot.
I guess the question is: are you coloring the plugin, or coloring the slot?

Totally agree with reordering the macros and a bipolar option. I'd also add: oversampling the entire plugin FX chain. But Reaper lets me do that by just oversampling Patchwork itself.
As far as i can tell you can only color the slot once a plugin is loaded. Once that is switched, it defaults back to blue.

MattLeschuck wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:49 pm As far as i can tell you can only color the slot once a plugin is loaded. Once that is switched, it defaults back to blue.
Indeed, I just double checked... So that's what is expected. If you want a particular color to be used everytime you load a plug-in, you should simply save it as a favorite and reload it from there (and you also gain the ability to save its state and custom name together with the color).

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:40 pm
I have no idea what this means so I guess I'll have to look at this plugin. Several options such as buttons vs knobs are also in the plans.
I think he just means he wants a "bipolar" option for the macro knobs. Where 50% is the 0/default position and you can add or subtract from the VST param value from that. Useful for EQ controls for example where you may boost or cut from center.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:43 pm There is a tip in the manual regarding this particular scenario:
User Manual wrote:Tip: If you want to oversample an entire chain of plug-ins, you can load the built-in version of PatchWork in a slot, load your plug-ins inside, and choose to oversample the Patchwork plug-in containing the entire chain.
:)
I'm not trying any of that weird inception stuff in this reality. :hihi:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:01 pm I'm not trying any of that weird inception stuff in this reality. :hihi:
Too bad! :D

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:40 pm
MattLeschuck wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:05 pm Great update and great plugin. I have been taking advantage of the oversampling and building plugins within this plugin using the macros.
Thanks!
Yes, that's definitely a pain to reorder manually if you did not get things right in the first place :-)
It should indeed probably reset to the default color. BTW if you save the plug-in as favorite and reload it from there, the color is set properly.
OK good to know that the color is attached to the plugin itself, not the slot. And that saving can retain this info.

As for the macro polarity, an example would be having the macro knob zero out at the 50% / 12 o clock position (when option clicked) for plugins that have both positive and negative values (gain plugin for example). That is an example of a bipolar macro. For negative polarity, a Lo pass filter would be a good example, having the macro knob when option clicked snap to the 100% / 5 o clock position, and then you drag it down to zero as normal.

If that all makes sense lol.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:09 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:01 pm I'm not trying any of that weird inception stuff in this reality. :hihi:
Too bad! :D
So you are saying we can load patchwork within patchwork?! How did i miss this :). That is one of my favorite features with Snap Heap and Multipass from KHS.

Return to “Effects”