How to get crusher X responding to all midi channels in Ableton?

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI,
Please can anyone help, I can't work this out.
I'm trying to get the buttons on the Kenton killamix to recall patches, 1-9 work fine but Crusher doesn't seem to get the other channels directly into the plug-in.
If I use the MIDI learn in LIVE, it's fine it can learn all 16 channel from the Killamix but the problem is you can't select one program in Crusher for LIVE to learn, faders are fine on all 16 channels but not possible to select individual programs.

So I go to the MIDI map in Crusher, I can program buttons 1-9 but Crusher can't recognise channels 2-16 directly in the plug-in?
I have MIDI routed to Crusher on 'ALL channels', set to monitor in/auto any help?
Last edited by bmw on Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,
I should add that it works fine in FL studio but FL doesn't have sync to external clock, ah! so that's why I'm trying in Live.

Problem is that for some reasons Live always merges down the received controller MIDI channels to one MIDI channel (e.g. Channel 1) so that plug-ins only "sees" incoming controllers values on one MIDI channel. A solution could be to change the controller assignments on the sending device so that they differ not by MIDI channel but by the controller number (e.g. sending all knobs on Channel 1 with different Controller Number 0-16).

Interesting wise, this merging behavior of Live is not the case for MIDI-Keys (probably they changed the old behavior to support MPE)...

Best
accSone

Return to “accSone”