Fyler 1.0.7 Questions

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. Is there a way not to display the filename in the content-column? I have it in the name column and it kind of interferes with the channelbuttons. 
  2. How do i delete folders in the tree?
  3. I don´t want to listen to several midifiles at the same time. Is there an option that if i click in the content column the file which is playing stops and the clicked one starts playing? A kind of Play/Solo option? I think this behaviour would make more sense. 
  4. Is there a way that Play starts from the first midi note, so i don´t have to wait?
  5. What is the maximum number of files Fyler can display the midicontent of? For a 500 files folder is displayed after a minute. But if it reaches 1000 or more Fyler refuses to show the content regardless of time. 1400 monophonic Bass Files can work but not 1400 Songs. So midi note numbers seem to matter. After Fyler displayed the content of a folder once it goes faster. Are those contents/note previews also stored somewhere in the settings? How do i make sure, i don´t loose those?
  6. How do i manually save the settings without quitting fyler. Usually fyler crashes before i (can) quit. But if it crashes it does not save the settings. So a way to save the settings during work would be good. 
  7. How can i make the tabs smaller? The setting "Maximum tab width:" seems to have no effect. 
    Thank you so much! Regards Alexander

So many questions!
1. no, filename is always there. If you could hide it, you wouldn't know which file you clicked on (if not from the contents...)
2. not possible (added to to-do list)
3. yes, true, this was requested before. This will be improved in a next update.
4. not possible (added to to-do list)
5. 1400 songs also should work, although it takes more time to parse 1400 MIDI files. But contents are continuously displayed for the parsed files. There is no limitation.
6. not possible (added to to-do list)
7. Good point, this was a bug. If you re-download v1.0.8, this will work well. Did you know you can display only the folder name rather than the full path in the tabs? This is a per-window setting:

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I thank you, Attila. For the fast answer and for willing to add ideas to your to-do list.

I think 1. was a misunderstanding. I meant the additional filename in the content column (white letters on black), sometimes interfering with the channel buttons if using a smaller content column. I did not mean the filename column, which actually can be hidden. But that is really not an important issue.

What is important is that with the build of March 25 starting and closing Fyler still takes 3 min each. (Using 30 Tabs in one window) I am guilty of having 10000´s of files in some of those Tabs. ;-)  Should i mail you the setting folder or anything else which could help you, Attila?

Thanks,
Alexander

By the way, i use so many tabs because i can´t open additional folders by doubleclicking on them or clicking on them in the tree as this crashes Fyler. :roll:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”