Waves Clones In High Demand!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mac users can affort a financial desaster from time to time. :lol:

fmr wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:25 pm

You didn't contradict me though... And I wasn't the only one either:
Of course not. We all know how it works.

I was commenting on your slightly unhinged glee, not the accuracy of your comment.

And as Martin said: no worries, I’ll be fine 🤙🏻
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I'm not really interested in "waves clones". There are tons of tools that are functionally very similar to the better waves plugins, but hardly any that act as a "clone" to any of the waves stuff in the design and interface (which was one of the main things that waves had going for it along side long time familiarity). What they had was a very vanilla set of mixing plugins that worked well with minimal fuss and similar designs. They also had a very wide variety of processing.

Maybe a few people will make some money doing straight copies of RBass or possibly some of the stranger tools like OVox, but the DSP of waves wasn't very groundbreaking for the most part. It was mostly the ease of use and the similarity between related gear (renaissance series for instance) that working producers and engineers went for (speaking for myself and my colleagues).

I'm ditching waves for work moving forward (just keeping my stuff installed for old projects) I won't be looking for any 1 to 1 replacements though. There aren't any waves processes that I can't achieve already elsewhere. It's just a change in the process.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

revvy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:22 pm
fmr wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:25 pm

You didn't contradict me though... And I wasn't the only one either:
Of course not. We all know how it works.

I was commenting on your slightly unhinged glee, not the accuracy of your comment.

And as Martin said: no worries, I’ll be fine 🤙🏻
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Effects”