Mobius Looper VST GUI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a fan of the freeware Mobius Looper VST. I'm using version 2.5 on my old windows tablet and I'm always running out of screnspace to see everything I what to see during a looping session. The incomplete online manual (referring to version 2.2) says, that it is possible to tweak the ui.xml-file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Mobius 2-folder, for instance changing the fontsizes of varius GUI-elements, which would solve my screenspace-problem. But nothing changes, when I change the fontsizes or something else in this file.
Changes I make in the GUI itself are stored, but I can't find where.
Can anybody help me to get smaller fonts in the GUI of that VST?

It's a long ago VST 32bit, and for a long time it's gone unsupported, there is no good way to change it's GUI size. I tried over the years to resize and you're right, nothing actually works as expected.

Save yourself the grief, my best suggestion is to move on to other options (hardware or software), or if you use dual monitors, just put it full screen on the other monitor.

I used to have a pair of Oberheim EDP's, so Mobius WAS a great software option for many, many years.

Happy looping,
Dirk

I'm fine with my lightweight 32bit-Host and all Plugins I'm using. Anybody here, who can give me an answer to my question?

It doesn't work properly changing the gui, and is no longer supported.
It has nothing to do with the fonts.

ui.xml lives in the install directory, in my case on Win10 it's:
Program Files(x86)/Mobius2

If you do a system search on mobius you should see all the other places it might put files.

Good luck,
Dirk

If searched my entire harddisk and the windows registry, but couldn't fide any traces, where Mobius saves GUI-changes. I assume, that the ui.xml-file was the last time relevant in Version 2.2. Perhaps I will go back to that version to be able to change the font sizes via the ui.xml-file, but I'm willing to wait for a while. Perhaps someone can give me a tip regarding Version 2.5.

Thanks to a Mobius Facebook-Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1812103682134221) I found the solution. The ui.xml-file can be changed here:
C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Mobius 2

I'm wondering, why searching my entire harddisk didn't headed me to that path. What the heck!

Came in here to tell you about the AppData location, glad you found it.

Love Mobius, unbelievable to me that nothing still comes close to it

Return to “Effects”