Efimov Acoustic - How to slow strum custom chords?

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The PDF guide is useless, so I'll try to ask here. I have a bunch of chords, and I want to strum them slowly. There is a key for it (E5), but when I press the chord keys themselves, the chord strums fast. How do I tell to the plugin which chord I want without making it strum fast?

Hello! It can be done in two ways:
1) If the chord is not changing on the following stroke, then pressing E5 will repeat the chord but with a slower speed of the stroke. Activating Velo/Time mode (Strum time section at Options page) will allow to have a dependency like Velocity (of E5 or other stroke keys) -> Stroke speed.
2) If the chord is changed, then you will have to assign in advance a CC automation to Fast knob in Strum time section at Options page. Right click on the knob and select Learn MIDI CC Automation. After that tweak or draw in your host any CC (except CC1, CC11, CC64) and it will be connected with the knob. Having such connection (CC## -> Fast knob) will allow you to control speed of a stroke on the fly.

Let me know if this helps.
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

So the only way is to automate the speed? Why can't the slow strum keyswitch do what it's supposed to do when pressed with the chord? Also, when I play a chord, the program does not let me choose the stroke direction with the keyswitches designed for this - basically, they do nothing, the program chooses itself between fast downstrum and fast upstrum and ignores the specified keyswitches. That is so weird. I mean, every library out there checks which keyswitch is pressed with the chord.

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”