Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:19 pm
id like some weird lenses tbh.
Tape or 'blue-tack' onto your cheap webcam:

Cell Phone Lens Kit.png

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-kit-198 ... 714&sr=8-9
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Start vurt pro camera funding Patreon now!
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:44 pm
vurt wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:19 pm
id like some weird lenses tbh.
Tape or 'blue-tack' onto your cheap webcam:

Cell Phone Lens Kit.png

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-kit-198 ... 714&sr=8-9
:party: good thinking!

El°HYM wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:45 pm Start vurt pro camera funding Patreon now!
you got a thumbs up from someone who isnt me :o

That was me; so now let me buy you a coffee.

patreon.com

I have huge synth overload because I bought multiple collections instead of getting the individual instruments I was interested in. :dog:

Live and learn :shrug:

All synths are equal but some synths are more equal than others.

felis wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:11 pm I have huge synth overload because I bought multiple collections instead of getting the individual instruments I was interested in. :dog:

Live and learn :shrug:
get arturia, native instruments and rob papen bundles, buy now
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:53 pm get arturia, native instruments and rob papen bundles, buy now
I've got:

Arturia V Collection
Native Instruments Komplete
AAS Modeling Collection
Steinberg Absolute
Most of the GForce stuff
and enough misc. stuff that I'd have to look to see what else I've got. :hihi:

martiu wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:53 pm buy now
That’s too late! :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

This topic is near and dear to my heart, in that I've been trying to work out lately what synths I really wouldn't want to be without. My thinking is that I should, rationally, be able to cut it down to a handful of synths that would allow me to do all the things I might want to do. It's an interesting intellectual exercise but the problem I run into is that I can't make rational decisions about things like that. I look at the list of instruments in my signature, for example, and I think that should be all I need but it really only scratches the surface of the instruments I would not want to give up. There are instruments I almost never use, like Continua or Cyclop, that I just wouldn't want to give up. I just like them and having them around makes me feel good.

In the end, it's easier to make a list of things I could easily do without. It would start with all the Arturia synths I own, including Pigments and the entire V Collection. From there I'd cull the U-He synths I own, not because they aren't any good but because I never use them and I don't care about them at all. Beyond that, there are things here and there, like Massive, that I used to use a lot but don't use at all any more. I quite like Phase Plant but if you made me choose, I'd take kHs One over it every day of the week. Phase Plant is very useful but I like kHs One.

There are definitely synths that I would absolutely never want to be without - Union, JP6K, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga - but there are probably 20 or more that I just don't want to be without because I like seeing them in my plugins list. Much like hardware, it's too hard to be rational about these things.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

This lens look like a fake chinese product which look fancy but doesn't work

i dont want to be without reaktor (is that cheating? i have a couple of commercial ensembles)
everything else i have i like but dont really need, reaktor is the most valuable for me because it sounds so good and it is a bottomless pit for sound design
i like to make drones and soundscapes and for that it is very good, however i was listening to Boards Of Canada the last couple of days and they have some very beautiful pads and textures in their music just with some simple subtractive synths and noise recorded to some tape, it made me realize that i can probably make my drones and soundscapes beautiful without this monster of a synth but just using very good subtractive synth with effects :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

DRON-E is your very best pal.

BONES wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:00 am From there I'd cull the U-He synths I own, not because they aren't any good but because I never use them and I don't care about them at all. Beyond that, there are things here and there, like Massive, that I used to use a lot but don't use at all any more. I quite like Phase Plant but if you made me choose, I'd take kHs One over it every day of the week. Phase Plant is very useful but I like kHs One.
I have no specific attachement to U-he neither. Somehow they didn't impressed me. Except that I am using more and more the CLAP features and U-He are among the only one to support....
If Pigments doesn't support quickly CLAP, I think I will use it less and less too...

Return to “Instruments”