Need help making (or identifying) a house sound in FL Studio

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all! I've been working on a project in FL Studio and I've hit a wall regarding a specific sound I've been trying to implement. I'll preface this by saying I'm fairly new to both FL Studio and music production as a whole, so apologies if the answer to this is extremely basic. Someone told me the KVR forums are a great place to start with questions like this, so here I am.

This is the sound in question (From 1:07 to 1:16, I've heard it in a few different tracks but for whatever reason this is what I remember it from)
https://youtu.be/2S5fY5FHP-Q?t=67

I don't know if I just haven't found the right synth yet or if I'm not layering it correctly, but I can't seem to come close to reproducing it. I'm using an "out of the box" copy of the producer version of FL Studio, so it may also very well be that what I'm looking for just isn't included. I've also tried looking at tutorials on YT to see if they had any insight, but because I'm still pretty new at this I'm not even sure what I should be searching for. If anyone has any insight into what all would go into making a sound like this (or heck, even what you'd call it) I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks!

I'm not a pro at repeating sounds, but I think it's a saw (with unison) with a short decay time and a low pass filter that is also set to ADSR.
(and suddenly you didn’t hear - there are chords playing, not just notes)

Hey man.

From your post I assume you don't realise what chords are?
I didn't either when I started and always thought any sound was just one sound/note

I've attached some midi and a Vital preset. Not sure if it's 100% accurate but it's close
and the Vital preset is a good starting point
ZIP.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Return to “Sound Design”