How would you create/re-create that pad?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone! I'm in my sound design learning process & I'm trying to re-create this type of a pad sound like in this song: https://youtu.be/WUUePkaVxIQ

I know that music-wise it's quite a simple loop, probably like a perfect fifth interval played, maybe doubled in octave in one or a few notes, but I just can't figure out how to create that specific pad/synth sound so it gives a similar vibe to it...

Maybe anybody could share some thoughts on how would you approach it? I'd greatly appreciate that.

It sounds like it comes from a piano sample. I can hear an initial piano sound and then you have a longish tail of it from the reverb. Send the piano to a reverb send, have as a pre-fader. On your reverb bring the reverb size to soemthing quite large then eq or filter down to something like 1Khz or even less. Then turn your original piano channel volume down to taste, the volume on your reverb channel should stay the same as you have set it to a pre-fader.

Attatched something similiar. But it was from a old crusty piano sample. The one in the vid sounds clean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
soundcloud Encryptaudio

Return to “Sound Design”