U-HE Zebra 3 Alpha Prototype Developments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ATS wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:37 am Can you hire another programmer Urs? Or this is a dumb question?
In our current situation, more developers would probably slow us down.

ATS wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:37 am Can you hire another programmer Urs? Or this is a dumb question?
Not a dumb question, but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks%27s_law

Urs wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:22 am
In our current situation, more developers would probably slow us down.
You guys take as much time as you need. The last 2 years have been difficult for everyone.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

did they say it will be another year? I agree there's no rush, its a small company and they want to get it right. New features could always be added after release though

kmonkey wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:40 pm So what. Is there any ETA?
I may or may not have been wandering around U-he's Superbooth tent and may or may not have overheard a comment of the team during a demonstration saying that a release of Zebralette 3 very late this year may or may not be likely. But don't quote me on that.

Yeah, sounded from the video like Zebralette, maybe late in 2023, maybe not. Full-blown Zebra3, 2024.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:57 pm Yeah, sounded from the video like Zebralette, maybe late in 2023, maybe not. Full-blown Zebra3, 2024.
Sounds fine to me. Seems like a good way to force myself to make a bunch of oscillator presets before the full-fledged synth is released, good way to hit the ground running.

KBSoundSmith wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:29 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:57 pm Yeah, sounded from the video like Zebralette, maybe late in 2023, maybe not. Full-blown Zebra3, 2024.
Sounds fine to me. Seems like a good way to force myself to make a bunch of oscillator presets before the full-fledged synth is released, good way to hit the ground running.
Plus become competent with the new editor.

I'd put some money on Urs showing a pre-release version of Z3 at next year's Superbooth, with a release following some months later...

(Edit: Oops, I initially typed "Z4" instead of Z3...(!) )

I hope Zebralette3 osc presets will be compatible with Zebra3. Never used zebralette so don’t know how it works

Zebralette presets open in Zebra2, Zebralette3 presets will open in Zebra3. There are also what we call "module presets", so you can save and recall individual Osc settings or MSEG settings.

shiiiiieeeet mannnnn awesome!! Looking forward to that and to anything U-he..

pdxindy wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:55 pm
KBSoundSmith wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:29 pm
Plus become competent with the new editor.
Plus exporting osc presets/wavetables for use in Hive, if you like the source material but really need a more fleshed out synth engine to realise your vision for it.
Always Read the Manual!

Will Zebralette 3 wavetables could be used / opened in 3rd party wavetable instruments as well?

tripleflows wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:45 am Will Zebralette 3 wavetables could be used / opened in 3rd party wavetable instruments as well?
We'll have an export function, yes.

Return to “Instruments”