Ableton Push 3 - standalone MPE controller

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has someone else the problem with push 3 ?
When selecting a midi track by mouse, Ableton now arms this track. And a previous enabled record button from an other track looses the record arm.
I tried to remove all midi devices but nothing helps.
As soon as I shut down push, everything acts normal and a track keeps the record arm, when I select an other track.

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=247473

How are you guys getting along with the Push 3?
Now when v12 is on the horizon my interest have peaked again. And since the standalone is reduced I am tempted.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:40 am How are you guys getting along with the Push 3?
Now when v12 is on the horizon my interest have peaked again. And since the standalone is reduced I am tempted.
Lots more Push 3 users here with fair responses (pros/cons - no fanboism): https://www.elektronauts.com/t/push-3-u ... 94831/3388

Love mine, it replaced my Digitakt as a hardware sampler, is a great MPE controller, a great hardware 'synth' (with 12 adding more synth types) or FX Box or drum machine...portable (but heavy) but I move mine around the studio - sometimes I feed my modular into it, sometimes it a Live controller, sometimes its in my kitchen when I am watching the dogs. Its the only (trans)portable music making device you need! I also recommend https://www.elektronauts.com/t/push-3-u ... 94831/3388 for real user pros/cons, over 3000 posts! in fact I recommend the elektron forum for any reviews, even if you don't use Elektron devices!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Thanks for the link guys. I'll definitely give it a read.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

elxsound wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:01 am
DrGonzo wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:22 am This is why I have this love-hate relationship with forums. They always make my GAS reach new levels of cravings.

If there is any company that I would trust on their long term commitment on a standalone, its Ableton. I cannot see them doing a Maschine+ cash-in and runaway with it.
Imagine if they were to add Fors Opal as a native device :o
Man I love this device so much :hug:
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

I am kind of eyeying this wondering if i should get it. I had a question though... one of the big things is how many parameters you get on synths and other stuff, compared to maschine and say, Monomachine or other elektron boxes.

Maschine really doesn't let you edit synths very much compared to Elektron stuff. I am really interested in Push 3 if it feels like an Elektron with the editing of synths like the Wavetable and the Operator FM synth.

Any tips?

mxbf wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:23 pm I am kind of eyeying this wondering if i should get it. I had a question though... one of the big things is how many parameters you get on synths and other stuff, compared to maschine and say, Monomachine or other elektron boxes.

Maschine really doesn't let you edit synths very much compared to Elektron stuff. I am really interested in Push 3 if it feels like an Elektron with the editing of synths like the Wavetable and the Operator FM synth.

Any tips?
You can access most parameters of the native synths, meld, wavetable, drift, operator, analog, tension all have their own "GUI" on push with relevant graphical elements for envelopes. Wavetable has a modulation matrix page, Meld has it's own modulation system where you add parameters to the modulation page.

Other native devices have all their parameters controlled by Push, m4L devices have to be configured by their developer to show parameters on Push.

Most devices with lots of parameters get 8 pages of 8 parameters each, but Meld has ten pages.

Push as a controller using plugins can control up to 64 parameters, 8 banks of 8 parameters, you have to "configure" the parameters that would be exposed to push and their order in the screen.
dedication to flying

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the audio interface of Push3 works on Linux, say with Ubuntu + Bitwig or Studio One?

Thanks.

pc999 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:56 pm Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the audio interface of Push3 works on Linux, say with Ubuntu + Bitwig or Studio One?

Thanks.
No, there is no official support for linux
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:26 pm

No, there is no official support for linux
But it is the there is no official support, but it actually works, like most do? Or the there is no official support, and it does not actually work?

Thanks.

MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I just bought a PUSH 3 (should be arriving today actually). What sold me is the capture functionality which I started playing around with more over the weekend. A dedicated device for that workflow would be nice. Right now I use a Novation SLMK3.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Anyone interested in a PUSH 2?
Just bought a PUSH 3
That ONE button is worth to me spending almost a grand on
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”