3am - Drone Day

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It seems to have worked well. I'm the only comment...
Sounds more like a car race at the start to me.
The bit at 1:06 hurt my ears!
Got to be honest I did skip a bit brother...
Nice experiment!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Pretty good, but I think the snare could do with a bit more reverb.

The name "Drone Day" already indicates that these are drones - so to speak,
model cars on the model highway, which then suddenly become very fast
and roll over three times, take off and then suddenly hit the ground. :o
In the end it even gets quite dramatic - with engine failure and such...

Or is it even drones? :hyper:

In any case, it is very funny to listen to - and lets the head cinema climb
the strangest scenarios. I really liked that! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

When I started it was much more of a drone :lol:
Sometimes I make a fart that is so putrid that I have to make sure that my wife smells it, just because it's so terrible. I think this was the audio equivalent of that. So terrible I felt it needed to be shared. :hihi:

I'm working on some patches for a video about feedback loops and this was a recording of one of those patches.

If I weren't so busy, I'd consider this an exquisite challenge. Alas, it's not in the cards, and so for the first time ever, I will NOT be sampling justin3am.

LOL! probably for the best. :hihi:

I'm interested in the feedback video. I actually find some of this kind of calming. Not sure why. It sounds cool when it sort of bottoms out, e.g. around 5:08.

Go on there Justin! Sounds good to me :wheee:

Thanks all! I think there are some neat sounds in here but I wouldn't recommend listening to the whole thing, lol. There are some moments that I might sample myself!
Genetic_Junk wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:42 pm I'm interested in the feedback video.
I'm totally stoked about this one. I need to finish the VO for another video, then figure which of my feedback patches I'm going to demonstrate. There is a lot of territory to cover so it could be two videos... but I tend to give a pretty dry delivery and I don't want to bore anyone. For sure it's gonna be full of ugly sounds.

justin3am wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:13 am When I started it was much more of a drone :lol:
Sometimes I make a fart that is so putrid that I have to make sure that my wife smells it, just because it's so terrible. I think this was the audio equivalent of that. So terrible I felt it needed to be shared. :hihi:

I'm working on some patches for a video about feedback loops and this was a recording of one of those patches.
:hyper: hopefully some euro stuff?
strega/erbe and mimeophon with filters here n there is nice in a fb loop 8)

i just ordered an echophon :wheee:

Yeah, for sure! I have a few patches which I think you'll dig/be able to replicate. One of the patches uses Echophon...
I've been having a lot of fun making feedback loops with fixed architecture monosynths and pedals, so part will focus on that but I have a lot of neat modular feedback patches too. Using feedback as a CV/FM source is one that I particularly like.

It's too repetitive. A change-up is needed at the 11 minute mark (i didn't get that far. I am just assuming).
Merzbow is jealous of this.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

Return to “Music Cafe”