One Synth Challenge #172: Lith by Soda Devices (ZioMau Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My submission:

https://soundcloud.com/darksynth-fx/dar ... less-ocean

-12 LUFS Integrated, -1 True Peak Max

DAW: Ableton Live 11 Suite
4x Lith
4x Ableton Utility
6x Ableton EQ8
3x OrilRiver
1x Infected Mushroom Wider
1x Voxengo Tube Amp
1x vladg/sound Limiter N°6
1x Ableton Delay (Send)

Nice relaxing music. At the same time I'm alarmed by what the guy is saying...

empphryio wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:29 pm
Nice relaxing music. At the same time I'm alarmed by what the guy is saying...
Thanks! :)

This slick Chicago salesman made his sales pitch circa 1980: :hihi:
So you being alarmed is fully justified!! ;)
Fusion

Hey all,
here is my submission...

https://soundcloud.com/impedancemusic/i ... sc172-lith

I had an idea to make some kind of "pseudo covers" so everyone could guess which track was referenced. I wanted to have those tracks in a setting where you skip through different radio station to find a good one and therefore hear different tracks. Kind of like in an alternate universe kind of setting, there you hear a track you know, but it is different. I hope i make a little bit of sense - I'm terrible at explaining stuff... For that to work, i had to come up with different harmonic structures and melodies, but i wasn't satisfied with most of it -

So I ended up using a melody from one that i quite liked, changed my plans and i tried doing a medley instead. And i think it was a good choice, since the track is now more listener-friendly than a track separated by Foley sounds. And I've never done a medley before, so it's new territory for me. Hopefully, at least some of the tracks sound a bit familiar.

Because the rule states that covers are not permitted, i wanted to be completely open about what i've done:
- I've recreated the instrumentals with Lith but rebuilt the track from scratch
- I kept the genre/general style of the songs
- I've changed the speed
- I've changed the harmonics, key and melody (to fit my medley)
- I kept three percussion lines the same, because
-> i really liked it
-> it helped to recognize the track
-> it's literally just kick hi hat snare hi hat and changing that would have destroyed the sidechaining
- added additional instruments on top
- i called it Lithfaßsäule because Litfaßsäule is advertising pillar in german and i thought it would be funny.

Technical details:
DAW: FL Studio 21
Instances: Exactly 150
BPM: 130, 110, 80, 116

Effects:
Fruity Stereo Enhancer [11], Maximus [1], Fruity Parametric EQ2 [25], LoudMax [1], Mixertrack Equalizer [27], Fruity Multiband Compressor [17], Soundgoodizer [10], Fruity Compressor [4], Fruity Reeverb 2 [44], Fruity Delay 2 [5], Fruity Delay 3 [1], kHs Transient Shaper [2], xFer OTT [1], Fruity Limiter [11], kHs Reverb [2], MCompressor [7], TAL Reverb 4 [1], MConvolution EZ for Reverb [1], MAutopan [1]

Hope you enjoy :)
Last edited by Impedance Music on Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We should not kill the earth, we wouldn´t know where to bury it!" - Michel Granger

Post edited after advice to IM! :tu: db
Last edited by doctorbob on Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks DB!

Looks like i forgot a "not" - edited the description
"We should not kill the earth, we wouldn´t know where to bury it!" - Michel Granger

Impedance Music wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:27 pm - I kept the genre/general style of the songs
- I've changed the speed
- I kept three percussion lines the same
I guess you mean you created a new song that only keeps beat and style/genre of the original song [harmony and melody are different] and we should guess which song it that. Very cool, and it's a hard work to do such an imitation, I look forward to listen to your entry, later today.

Hi All,

I started off not liking this synth because of the CPU issues and the crazy design. Most my patches started off as basic sine waves until I got more comfortable with what it was doing. It turned out quite flexible to use in the end if not a little buggy.
Hope you enjoy.

41 Instances Lith ub Bitwig

FX used
MIDI CC, Compressor, Mid/Side, Convolution, Dynamics, Chain, EQ+, Filter, Delay+, Bit-8

Wider, kHz trancegate, A1triggergate, GSAT+, Panagement, Khs Bitcrush
Khs Distortion, Chow Tape, Freeclip, STFU, Supermassive, Protoverb
OTT, Convology XT, Deelay, TDR Molotok, TDR Nova, TDR Kotelnikov
LoudMax

https://soundcloud.com/milksterx/entropics
Last edited by MilksterX on Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Impedance Music wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:27 pm Hey all,
here is my submission...

https://soundcloud.com/impedancemusic/i ... sc172-lith

I had an idea to make some kind of "pseudo covers" so everyone could guess which track was referenced. I wanted to have those tracks in a setting where you skip through different radio station to find a good one and therefore hear different tracks. Kind of like in an alternate universe kind of setting, there you hear a track you know, but it is different. I hope i make a little bit of sense - I'm terrible at explaining stuff... For that to work, i had to come up with different harmonic structures and melodies, but i wasn't satisfied with most of it -

So I ended up using a melody from one that i quite liked, changed my plans and i tried doing a medley instead. And i think it was a good choice, since the track is now more listener-friendly than a track separated by Foley sounds. And I've never done a medley before, so it's new territory for me. Hopefully, at least some of the tracks sound a bit familiar.

Because the rule states that covers are not permitted, i wanted to be completely open about what i've done:
- I've recreated the instrumentals with Lith but rebuilt the track from scratch
- I kept the genre/general style of the songs
- I've changed the speed
- I kept three percussion lines the same, because
-> i really liked it
-> it helped to recognize the track
-> it's literally just kick hi hat snare hi hat and changing that would have destroyed the sidechaining
- added additional instruments on top
- i called it Lithfaßsäule because Litfaßsäule is advertising pillar in german and i thought it would be funny.

Technical details:
DAW: FL Studio 21
Instances: Exactly 150
BPM: 130, 110, 80, 116

Effects:
Fruity Stereo Enhancer [11], Maximus [1], Fruity Parametric EQ2 [25], LoudMax [1], Mixertrack Equalizer [27], Fruity Multiband Compressor [17], Soundgoodizer [10], Fruity Compressor [4], Fruity Reeverb 2 [44], Fruity Delay 2 [5], Fruity Delay 3 [1], kHs Transient Shaper [2], xFer OTT [1], Fruity Limiter [11], kHs Reverb [2], MCompressor [7], TAL Reverb 4 [1], MConvolution EZ for Reverb [1], MAutopan [1]

Hope you enjoy :)
In today's mainstream music world, when something works fine, everyone clones everyone in order to achieve easy success(thanks to that huge happy audience for don't need brain efforts to evaluate music). often when i hear new songs for the first time, i already know how it goes on. it's a real shit ... and they call them artists too ...

Don't worry, listened to it, your song is thousand times more original than what usually happens.

Following some debate in the Discord as the the legitimacy of the use of formant filters, I made changes and was able to get by without one.

My impressions of Lith are...that it is a god-damn CPU hog and difficult to use multiple instances of without being allowed to bounce audio or render a sampled instrument out of it. However, it can also be quite inspiring, thanks to its random button and unique modulation system. The drift modulators and quality selectors stand out to me as well. Ultimately, I've decided it's worth keeping around to see how it helps my commercial work~

https://soundcloud.com/neu-katalyst/neu ... sc-172-dnb

DAW:
FL Studio 21

Plugins used:
Soda Devices Lith x19
Audio Damage Dr. Device
Audio Damage Vapor
Baby Audio Magic Dice x3
BL Gain60 x2
BPB Dirty Filter
BPB Dirty Filter Plus
BPB Saturator
Caelum Audio Flux Mini 2 x2
DD AutoPan x3
DD Delay x4
DD Filter
Fruity Balance x16
Fruity Delay 3
Fruity Filter x2
Fruity Formula Controller x22
Fruity Frequency Splitter x2
Fruity Layer
Fruity Love Philter x10
Fruity Parametric EQ 2 x24
Fruity Peak Controller
Fruity Reeverb 2 x2
Fruity Stereo Shaper x2
Fruity X-Y-Z Controller x10
iZotope Ozone Imager 2 x2
kHs Distortion
kHs Dynamics x5
kHs Gain x2
kHs Haas
kHs Nonlinear Filter
kHs Stereo x4
kHs Trance Gate
kHs Transient Shaper x7
KIT Burier x3
Klanghelm DC1A3
NI Supercharger x4
Sixth Sample Deelay
Thomas Mundt LoudMax
UJAM FINISHER Micro x2 ("Cab & Room," "Lead Delay")
ValhallaSupermassive x7
Vladyslav Voinov PeakEater
Xynth LePhonk x2

I wish everybody luck with the voting: I know this synth generally wasn't easy to work with, lol
New tracks (September 7th): https://linktr.ee/neukatalyst
"collab_01_(derp)" w/ok cheez (Jungle/Breakcore) & "Among The Stars" (Happy Hardcore)
Discord: neukatalyst (preferred method of contact)

https://soundcloud.com/jasinski/i-found ... -172-lith2

A complex textural tapestry evolves out of a single tone.

22 instances of Soda Devices Lith. Live 11, eq8, delay, valhalla supermassive, limiter6.

I hope you can take a second to listen to the details.

Here's my entry - a bit of fun :)

https://soundcloud.com/bottomleya/spiri ... sc172-lith

42 instances of Lith

Master:
- APU Loudness Compressor
- ReaEQ
- AVA Mastering EQ
- T-Audio PeakEater
- Toneboosters TB_Equalizer
-JS: EQall BETA2 [mrelwood]
- Melda MLoudnessAnalyzer
- Toneboosters TB_Barricade

Other plugins:
- TB_Evoke
- kHs Transient Shaper
- Gatelab
- ReaEQ
- kHs Delay
- Baby Comeback
- Melda MAutopan
- JS: Spring-Box Delay-Reverb
- TB_Reverb
- kHs Compressor
- kHs Stereo
- kHs Reverb
- STFU
- Basslane
- OTT
- Dragonfly Plate Reverb
- Dragonfly Room Reverb
- Wider
- kHs Gate
- OrangeFlavor (only slight use)
- Flux Mini 2

https://youtu.be/Ym29_9b6RyU
https://soundcloud.com/vca-089/infravol ... al_sharing

FLAC | MP3

"This summer! Things are going to get pretty hot in this new sci-fi thriller, a sequel to the award winning "Replicant City". The breathtaking story and special effects never seen before are awaiting! Coming soon to all cinemas across the country. Don't miss out an opportunity to see a "new kind of movie"! Make sure to bring all of your family members with you, with the bucket of caramel popcorn and ice cold drinks of course!"

I couldn't resist to join this round with another synthwave "banger" and use my own presets for this synth. I remember it was on OSC several years ago and I found it very good for drums and FM style sounds. It also has a really nice wave-shaping functions, like on the expensive commercial synths. It's kinda CPU hungry, but thanks to quality selection I can use it even on my old laptop (why the heck big companies cannot implement such a simple and genius feature?).

31 instances of "Lith" used to create a track.

Produced in FL Studio 21

Used plugins:

Native effects:

x29 Parametric EQ 2
x5 Reeverb 2
x11 Delay 3
x1 Stereo Enhancer
x2 Love Philter
x1 Wave Candy
x1 dB Meter

VST effects:

x7 TDR & VoS "SlickEQ"
x19 AdHd "Leveling Tool"
x10 Thomas Mundt "LoudMax"
x1 D16 "Frontier"
x1 TAL Reverb 4

Master chain:

TDR "Nova"
Limiter No6

Total:

x31 Generators
x86 Effects
x43 MIDI Patterns
x33 Mixer Tracks
No Audio
x16 Automation Clips
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Here's this month's effort:

https://soundcloud.com/violator-alba-99 ... al_sharing

Slightly odd UI on this one and some folks found it a bit of a CPU hog. Once I got used to the UI and got the hang of modulation, it was quite easy to use. Not too hard on my admittedly quite beefy laptop either. All the non percussion patches are either from init or tweaked from Random. The percussion patches are slightly tweaked versions of factory presets.
Back to Tracktion Waveform Pro this month with 11 Lith instances and the following additonal plugins:

- dpMeter5
- Gain3
- GClip
- KClip Zero
- Tracktion TCompressor
- kHs 3 Band EQ
- Supermassive
- kHs Verb
- Tracktion MasterMix
- YouLean Loudness Meter 2

After a long pause in music making I am glad I was able to come up with a track after experimenting with a new DAW and interesting synth, Lith. After many tries using the randomize button in Lith I finally gave up with the resulting cacophony of inharmonic sounds and decided to learn the synth; so most sounds used were built from init.

The track has 27 instances of Lith and was made in Bitwig Studio 4.4. I'll post additional details soon. I am glad I am back making music. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/jemaudio2/mambarumba-1987

Return to “Instruments”