Office Computer Chairs

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What chair do you use for your computer setup ?

I picked up this massage chair similar to this for under £100 inc vat, bran new today... (mine has a metal spoke base for the castors rather than the usual plastic type). I saved about £50 by not buying it from Amazon. Free postage as well.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I have a Hermann Miller SAYL - had it for ages, been very good https://www.hermanmiller.com/en_au/prod ... yl-chairs/

https://www.varierfurniture.com/en/kneeling

I've been using these since my disc repair surgery 15 years ago. I have the original 15yo one at home, which although a little grubby is still going strong plus one at the office. My knees take a little more strain but back pain, from extending periods of sitting at least, aren't really an issue.
Always Read the Manual!

I picked up a computer chair from Costco for around $100 and it has been one of the more comfortable chairs I have owned. Tried a lot of ones in the sub $300 price range and it hasn't been beaten yet!

PieBerger wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:49 am https://www.varierfurniture.com/en/kneeling

I've been using these since my disc repair surgery 15 years ago. I have the original 15yo one at home, which although a little grubby is still going strong plus one at the office. My knees take a little more strain but back pain, from extending periods of sitting at least, aren't really an issue.
I have a mint condition Varier Balans for sale, £200, if anyone is interested.

where did you order this from Intrancer?

ty
THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:21 am What chair do you use for your computer setup ?

I picked up this massage chair similar to this for under £100 inc vat, bran new today... (mine has a metal spoke base for the castors rather than the usual plastic type). I saved about £50 by not buying it from Amazon. Free postage as well.

tonymax wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:39 pm where did you order this from Intrancer?

ty
A image search came up with
https://www.blisswood.co.uk/collections ... 7577089345
https://dreamhomestore.co.uk/products/o ... 8593191167
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

thanks for that Noodlist, how do you image search..

found it, right click...DOH... ;-)

There's a pull out thing under my office chair for my laptop.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

got one of these, very uncomfortable, thats why i need a new chair ;-)

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:18 pm Image

There's a pull out thing under my office chair for my laptop.

:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

tonymax post_id=8687362 time=1686069542 user_id=317561]
where did you order this from Intrancer?

ty
------------

A small business in England, UK called Blisswood.

So far with having it for a day, I'm pretty happy with it, although there is a little movement with the arm-rests with there being only 2 bolts holding them to the back and base. If you're not an over-weight individual, I think the construction when properly assembled should hold up ok although if one prefers, one could add a belt such as from one of those big holdall sports bags or something. Arm pads are decent enough and, for me, a big comfort improvement over the previous chair I got from Argos. The seat is pretty firm on one's arse, not too soft, not too hard, but it's not one you could sit on for long periods without feeling a bit of discomfort if the vibration function isn't used at all in a normal upright position without the foot rest and without moving.

The foot / leg rest feels strong enough, even though it has a slight bend to it. I'm 5-11" and around 13 and half-stone, so it fares pretty well for me. The vibration function is pretty good with many settings to pick from and should you find your arse getting a bit sore from sitting in one position for too long, the relief from activation of the massage function really helps remove the discomfort you were feeling. Like any chair, you can always add any suitable cushion to help with any discomfort, and you still benefit from the massage feature which restores circulation. I wouldn't recommend using the massage function if you've not eaten anything during the day, though.

In 2010, I incurred a spinal injury affecting my discs, so I've to pay particular attention to preventing any flair-ups from any exercise I do that involves bending and lifting things. The massage feature really helps fix any niggling points I've found.

The reclining feature of the chair takes you way back further than the usual office chair, so you can get pretty relaxed. The dual controls to raise and lower the chair and pivot the back seat back, are robust and smooth in operation but take a little while to get use to and grab hold of without looking. The way you can lock the position of the back is one such aspect, but it's a cool feature as you can lock it at any position you angle the seat at.

Assembling the chair takes just over an hour if doing it one's self, with lots of bolts to screw in with the supplied Alan key. If choosing the black, I'd suggest using a cover to sit on whilst using it so dust, sweat or accidents with liquids are minimised from contact with the chair materials and keeping it fresh.

Initially I saw it on Amazon, then went directly to the Blisswood store to find it for £95, Amazon would have costed me £155 with postage. Delivery took a week from ordering it on a Tuesday to arrive in the north of Scotland. Not the fastest of delivery, but not too long.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

neverbefore wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:17 am I have a Hermann Miller SAYL - had it for ages, been very good https://www.hermanmiller.com/en_au/prod ... yl-chairs/
herman miller man , myself ...
eames style , twenty years and counting ...

https://www.hermanmiller.com/en_au/prod ... up-chairs/

Thanks ibtrancer, good review, I'm a little heavier but this will be an improvement on my current chair, thanks again

tonymax wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:46 am Thanks ibtrancer, good review, I'm a little heavier but this will be an improvement on my current chair, thanks again
I actually weighed myself today, and I'm 14 stone, but anyway I found a video, which shows you someone actually build one and test it out. It doesn't have the massage feature, though.

For me, I've actually found a foam mat that's typically used for the gym that restores its form as it refills itself with air which makes a big difference to the comfort level. When you sit on it, you have an air cushion which makes the impact non-existant as you plonk yourself down initially, and you can sit for a far longer period too, it's different from memory-foam in a good way. For the arms, I've used a thick durable SCART lead cable to help add strength to the arm-resets which seems to have made a significant difference to the amount they're able to move. The chair itself has many cables attached to it anyway so one more doesn't make much difference. If I can find a more discrete solution that can work effectively, I'll try it out though because it looks like-funny and doesn't prove any practical purpose beyond adding some ridged strength to the chair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkCyTcPtWOo

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”