Playback messed up in Acoustica 7.4.14?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I find I can't play a selection since the update. It's fine with the first play of the first selection, but after that – either replaying the same selection or selecting a new portion of the wave – playback continues past the end of the selection.

This instantly renders Acoustica unusable for me. Is there a way to revert to the previous version?

Thanks,
Martin

Hi Martin,
mcv47 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:55 am I find I can't play a selection since the update. It's fine with the first play of the first selection, but after that – either replaying the same selection or selecting a new portion of the wave – playback continues past the end of the selection.
That's strange, we didn't intentionally change the playback behaviour. Is it possible that you've activated the "Always play from cursor position" option? You can find that under Edit > Preferences... > General.
mcv47 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:55 am This instantly renders Acoustica unusable for me. Is there a way to revert to the previous version?
Sure, you can download version 7.4.7 using the links below.

macOS: https://acondigital.com/software/Acoust ... _7.pkg.zip
Windows: https://acondigital.com/software/Acoust ... _7_4_7.exe

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:31 am That's strange, we didn't intentionally change the playback behaviour. Is it possible that you've activated the "Always play from cursor position" option? You can find that under Edit > Preferences... > General.
No, it was set to no. (And changing it back and forth makes no difference.) The problem isn't the start point for playback, it's that playback continues past the end of the selection until halted manually.
stian wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:31 am Sure, you can download version 7.4.7 using the links below.
Thanks! I'll do that.

Stian, is your server down? My computer can't find it.

mcv47 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:29 am Stian, is your server down? My computer can't find it.
It's ok now.

Update: downloading and reinstalling the older version seemingly had no effect - the app still reports version 7.4.14. But the problem with playing past the selection end has gone away. So something went wrong in the installation of the update, and attempting to reinstall the older version seems to have fixed it.

Random nonsense behaviour by my computer, I expect. But thanks for your help.

mcv47 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:50 am Update: downloading and reinstalling the older version seemingly had no effect - the app still reports version 7.4.14. But the problem with playing past the selection end has gone away. So something went wrong in the installation of the update, and attempting to reinstall the older version seems to have fixed it.

Random nonsense behaviour by my computer, I expect. But thanks for your help.
Strange issue, but glad to hear that you got it solved! :)

Best,
Stian

Update to the update... The problem returned, so I deleted Acoustica and reinstalled, this time successfully reverting to 7.4.7, which doesn't have the problem. The issue is playback not stopping at the end of a selection in 7.4.14. The first few times are fine, but then the problem kicks in. Going back to 7.4.7 has fixed it for me.

Return to “Acon Digital”