Do you actually drop a compressor on every single track?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is quite clear about non-electronic music, recordings require dynamics control.
In electronic music you can control amp envelops and such.
Noticed in one interview with Boris Brejcha that he doesn't compress single tracks at all,
but only the mix bus, and he got a pretty damn good sound.
Last edited by roman.i on Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Depends the sound. If it's a bunch of drum samples, not unless you want the specific colour of transient shaping, but a really resonant synth patch with cut off automation and stuff like phasers, I do.

I usually compress Kick+Snare together, then the whole Drumset, then again with just the Bass and then again on the master channel.....
Sometimes very subtle, sometimes aggressive. Depends on the kind of sound I want to achieve
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2…+…Push 2 driven by Moss……Softube.. everything

No, but often yes, and most often yes on a bus.

As always...it depends
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2…+…Push 2 driven by Moss……Softube.. everything

No I are not.

mixyguy2 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:38 am No I are not.
:hihi: :hihi:
Still don’t know why Ableton left us

;)

No. Why even ask? Is it cos what you seen on youtube?!
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

VOID
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

⬆️ no, there’s actually lots of good information to be had. It’s being able to sort the good from the bad. Anyone who calls his track a ‘beat’ is an instant no no 😂

roman.i wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:32 am This is quite clear about non-electronic music, recordings require dynamics control.
I wouldn't even go that far. Sometimes the recorded dynamics are good.

ramseysounds wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:16 am ⬆️ no, there’s actually lots of good information to be had. It’s being able to sort the good from the bad. Anyone who calls his track a ‘beat’ is an instant no no 😂
spike lee called his movies 'joints.' he must be a moron with no insight into filmmaking.

Blimey; someone is triggered! Did you see the 😂?
🙄

yep
Last edited by funky lime on Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”