SILENCER by Wide Blue Sound. Out Now.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Introducing SILENCER

— Add groundbreaking, patent-pending functionality to the reverb plugins you already own.
— For the first time, completely reset the reverb between each note, making your parts clearer than ever before.
— Design new reverb worlds with bespoke effects and your existing VSTs.

Hear more at www.WideBlueSound.com/silencer

Wide Blue Sound :: Boutique Music Software
Inspiration you can hear.
WideBlueSound.com

widebluesound wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:59 pm completely reset the reverb between each note, making your parts clearer than ever before.
Oh my, what a great idea - why has this not been done before. Nice one, WBS!

Big fan of Orbit for many years here.

Bit embarrassing that no one thought of doing this before!
<List your stupid gear here>

Hosting plugins is one of the more challenging things to tackle, and I think many companies would rather make another SSL EQ clone. With some notable exceptions, there's very little creativity in the music plug-in space, ironically.
WideBlueSound.com

interesting ! Some Qs:

1. is it (in itself, not counting the plugins loaded) adding any latency ?
2. is the Demo unlockable later ? or at least completly removable ?
3. Plus: a more complete list of which Delays you have tested would be very welcome !

Funky40 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:23 pm interesting ! Some Qs:

3. Plus: a more complete list of which Delays you have tested would be very welcome !
@widebluesound

Funky40 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:23 pm interesting ! Some Qs:

1. Zero latency.
2. Yes, there's no extra install to go from demo > licensed. Just be mindful that your setups aren't saved until you unlock it.
3. Noted. Personally, I'm completely covered with Echoboy, Timeless 3 and Other Desert Cities. I'm sure many others work as well, but we're focused on reverbs at the current moment. Hopefully one day we'll have time to make a list :)

Regards
Nathan
WideBlueSound.com

widebluesound wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:21 pm 1. Zero latency.
Great ! Thanks for coming back to me Nathan.
widebluesound wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:21 pm 3. Noted. Personally, I'm completely covered with Echoboy, Timeless 3 and Other Desert Cities.
Personally, i also use the latter two very often ;)

It is a pretty new concept for me. I initially thought it would chain multiple reverbs and cycle through them like an sequencer, forward, back, forward/back bounce, random etc. That would take this to another level. Imagine triggering a pristine IR, then a dirty lo-fi algorithm, followed by something with heavily modulated tails.

Still, a really good and innovative start.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Very cool idea, a little too expensive though imho.

Hey everyone, I’m happy to say we’ve just shipped version 1.0.1 which brings big improvements to Silencer. To update, simply open your order email (or trial email) and re-download it.

Change log
* Major stability improvements for Pro Tools
* Overall stability improvements when loading and scanning plugins
* Fixed an issue that prevented a subset of Logic users from using Silencer
* Eliminated clicks that were sometimes audible when running Silencer very wet
* Many small UX improvements based on customer and internal feedback

If you’re experiencing any stability issues, we recommend doing a complete rescan in Silencer. To do this, go to the Plugin Manager, click Options > Reset & Rescan plugins.

This patch fixes all the big issues that we know about. While Silencer has been working great for most, I understand this is been frustrating for those of you with issues. We’re all used to plugins being simple and “just working”, and it’s annoying when they don't behave as we expect. At the same time, hosting plugins is a completely different beast, and that’s what Silencer does, so we appreciate any patience as we iron things out under-the-hood ❤️
Last edited by widebluesound on Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
WideBlueSound.com

What we’re working on next:
* Supporting the hosting of AU plugins! :)
* Authenticating in Reaper is fixed internally and will be in the next update. This one was bizarre.
* Logic auto-disables plugins under the hood when it doesn’t think they need to run, which prohibits the Silencer Plugin Manager’s “plugin re-trigger test” from working. We have a potential fix in mind.
WideBlueSound.com

Nice but too pricey...
Intro discount maybe?

New Update!
Hey everyone, we’ve just shipped version 1.0.2 which brings solid improvements to Silencer. 

To update, simply open your order email (or trial email) and re-download it.

Change log:
  • Improved: The “Reverb Retrigger Test” is no longer foiled by reverbs who emit a consistent “analog” noise floor.
  • Improved: In the Plugin Manager, selections are automatically saved each time you enable or disable a plugin.
  • Improved: Silencer recall in certain DAWs (Live, Logic, maybe more)
  • Fixed: Logic’s CPU-saving heuristics impeded the “Reverb Retrigger Test.” We implemented a workaround.
  • Fixed: Silencer can now be authenticated in Reaper.
  • Fixed: Waves plugins are now automatically set to 100% wet as expected. Use Silencer's mix knob to control wet/dry.
  • Changed: From now on, Wide Blue Sound plugins will be installed in a dedicated folder called “Wide Blue Sound,” except for AU where this is not allowed. (This won’t affect your existing sessions.)
  • Minor visual enhancements
Other notes:
  1. We are reporting bugs we find to reverb manufacturers, which will further increase their compatibility with Silencer.
  2. Some of you have reached out to reverb companies directly, which markedly improved time-to-solution, so thank you, and please continue to do that!
Regards,
Nathan Rightnour
WideBlueSound.com

Finally innovative plugin.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Return to “Effects”