How to create this pluck / perc loop sound

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello :wink:

Can anyone suggest,

:idea: how this pluck was made? It starts at 0:00
:idea: how this perc loop was made? It starts at 0:15 ?

Maybe it's some tropical synth and perc loop. Please help me... I use serum, vital, spiere or sylenth1 vst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QINslGhlC5Q

The pluck is very simple. Just a single sine oscillator. In Serum start from init preset, change OSC A to sine waveform, adjust ENV1 to a plucky envelope shape and add some reverb.

bluesawsq wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:47 pm The pluck is very simple. Just a single sine oscillator. In Serum start from init preset, change OSC A to sine waveform, adjust ENV1 to a plucky envelope shape and add some reverb.
Thank you for answering if you can make me a preset or show me how (screen or video). I tried and it does not work out for me :? .

FIkcja wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:53 pm I tried and it does not work out for me :? .
Strange :? . Can't be simpler than this:
PL Sine.zip
I added the Serum's reverb FX in the preset, but it's quite poor quality. You would get better sound with a separate reverb plugin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bluesawsq wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:24 pm
FIkcja wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:53 pm I tried and it does not work out for me :? .
PL Sine.zip
I added the Serum's reverb FX in the preset, but it's quite poor quality. You would get better sound with a separate reverb plugin.
I made pluck midi:
https://krakenfiles.com/view/vG019eo3tj/file.html

Thank you for your help, actually. It's easy if you know. Please tell me about this perc loop. How to make one (0:15)...

bluesawsq wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:24 pm
PL Sine.zip
P.S 0:15 start... maybe there's some bass playing there?

FIkcja wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:09 pm Thank you for your help, actually. It's easy if you know. Please tell me about this perc loop. How to make one (0:15)...
Here are the drums, bass and the sine pluck together:
https://voca.ro/1oKAfUf1h0YR

The bass was made in Serum. Starting from a single saw osc through low-pass filter, some adjustments to levels of first couple of harmonics in wavetable editor, and a bit of chorus using TAL-Chorus-LX-64.
Moderate sidechaining from kick to prevent bass overlapping with kick too much.

The bass notes in the original track are a bit weird in my opinion. In the third bar of the loop it sounds like the bass goes from D# down to A. Those A notes seem to be out-of-key. In my recreation I used A# instead.

The drum beat has basic pop kick, chracterful tight snare, shakers and something like cheramic bowl hit sound.
The pattern is pretty simple and should be easy to figure out in your DAW. The main trick is to find good samples to get those snare and "bowl hit" sounds. Both are quite unique, probably common in that genre of music, and contribute a lot to the character of the beat. I couldn't find a proper snare sample and tried some layering with rimshots etc. In the end I decided to extract the snare from the original track.
For the "bowl hit" I used Ghatam from 'Discovery Series: India' Kontakt library. It's not exactly the same sound but has similar vibe.

Hope someone else can identify those snare and "bowl hit" samples. Would be interesting to know if there are proper names for those sounds.

bluesawsq wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:07 pm
FIkcja wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:09 pm Thank you for your help, actually. It's easy if you know. Please tell me about this perc loop. How to make one (0:15)...
Here are the drums, bass and the sine pluck together:
https://voca.ro/1oKAfUf1h0YR

The bass was made in Serum. Starting from a single saw osc through low-pass filter, some adjustments to levels of first couple of harmonics in wavetable editor, and a bit of chorus using TAL-Chorus-LX-64.
Moderate sidechaining from kick to prevent bass overlapping with kick too much.

The bass notes in the original track are a bit weird in my opinion. In the third bar of the loop it sounds like the bass goes from D# down to A. Those A notes seem to be out-of-key. In my recreation I used A# instead.

The drum beat has basic pop kick, chracterful tight snare, shakers and something like cheramic bowl hit sound.
The pattern is pretty simple and should be easy to figure out in your DAW. The main trick is to find good samples to get those snare and "bowl hit" sounds. Both are quite unique, probably common in that genre of music, and contribute a lot to the character of the beat. I couldn't find a proper snare sample and tried some layering with rimshots etc. In the end I decided to extract the snare from the original track.
For the "bowl hit" I used Ghatam from 'Discovery Series: India' Kontakt library. It's not exactly the same sound but has similar vibe.

Hope someone else can identify those snare and "bowl hit" samples. Would be interesting to know if there are proper names for those sounds.
I use daw fl studio, I have the kontakt serum vst. Can you save and share with me:

:arrow: clean loop wav,
:arrow: midi and preset serum bass?

I also looked for proper names of loop sounds. However, I didn't find it.

If this is no problem, please provide me with midi wav loop and preset bass. :clap: Thank you for your help :wink:

FIkcja wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:41 pm I use daw fl studio, I have the kontakt serum vst. Can you save and share with me:

If this is no problem, please provide me with midi wav loop and preset bass. :clap: Thank you for your help :wink:
Bass Serum preset + MIDI, and drums only mp3 in this zip:
Commando_bass_and_drums.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bluesawsq wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:48 pm
FIkcja wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:41 pm I use daw fl studio, I have the kontakt serum vst. Can you save and share with me:

Bass Serum preset + MIDI, and drums only mp3 in this zip:
Commando_bass_and_drums.zip
Wow :phones: :wink: Some say better than the original (my son). You're an best expert at reproduction orginal song. Great, thank you so much. I have one more request. "Please send me one shot your drums mp3 or wav samples - kick, snere / clap, perc" :clap: .

FIkcja wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:17 pm Wow :phones: :wink: Some say better than the original (my son). You're an best expert at reproduction orginal song. Great, thank you so much. I have one more request. "Please send me one shot your drums mp3 or wav samples - kick, snere / clap, perc" :clap: .
Thanks! :)

Sharing the one shot samples is not allowed. The drum sounds are based on samples from commercial sample libraries, and the licenses prohibit distribution or sharing the samples.
I made some minor adjustments to the samples, like tuning/envelopes/eq, but the sounds are probably still not enough distinguished from the original library samples.

To improve your own sound design skills, you should try to find proper samples and make the necessary adjustments yourself. It really pays off.

Here are some detailed tips for each drum sound. But you don't need to do it exactly same way. You can definitely get similar or better results based on different source samples and different adjustments.

Kick
'KSHMR Pop Kick 06' from 'Sounds of KSHMR Vol 4'.
Tuned up +1.89 semitones. Tail faded out to reduce the low frequency booming.
EQ settings can be seen here:
commando_kick.png

Snare
Extract the snare from the original track by finding the cleanest snare beat where other instruments, vocals, or effect tails are not masking the sound. I didn't search the whole track, but I found one relatively clean hit where the sine pluck synth chord plays on top of the snare. Sine waveform has only fundamental tone, no harmonics. And you can see those fundamental tones as sharp peaks in spectrum analyzer. Thus, it's easy to carve out the sine pluck notes from the snare using thin and deep EQ notches. And a low cut can be used to get rid of any bass tails that could overlap with the snare. Something like this:
commando_snare.png

Shakers
Two shaker samples from 'Sounds of KSHMR Vol 3' alternating. And some tail cut/fade + eq.
These are not very accurately matched to the original track. I just quickly added something with similar short and thin sound. Also applied a bit of reverb and tempo-synced sine LFO to Pan (not really the same as in the original track).
commando_shaker_a.png
commando_shaker_b.png

Ghatam
Sample from 'Discovery Series: India' Kontakt library, playing the note indicated by the yellow arrow in the image below. The sound was tuned down -4.50 semitones in Kontakt and EQ curve can be seen below.
commando_ghatam.png

In general, I would recommend to use spectrum analyzer and/or sonogram plugins. Something like Voxengo SPAN and FL Studio Wave Candy. You could do sound design by ear only. But it's much easier, faster, and more accurate using analyzer plugins.

bluesawsq wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:36 am
FIkcja wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:17 pm Wow :phones: :wink: Some say better than the original (my son). You're an best expert at reproduction orginal song. Great, thank you so much. I have one more request. "Please send me one shot your drums mp3 or wav samples - kick, snere / clap, perc" :clap: .
Thanks! :)

Sharing the one shot samples is not allowed. The drum sounds are based on samples from commercial sample libraries, and the licenses prohibit distribution or sharing the samples.
I made some minor adjustments to the samples, like tuning/envelopes/eq, but the sounds are probably still not enough distinguished from the original library samples.

To improve your own sound design skills, you should try to find proper samples and make the necessary adjustments yourself. It really pays off.

Here are some detailed tips for each drum sound. But you don't need to do it exactly same way. You can definitely get similar or better results based on different source samples and different adjustments.

Kick
'KSHMR Pop Kick 06' from 'Sounds of KSHMR Vol 4'.
Tuned up +1.89 semitones. Tail faded out to reduce the low frequency booming.
EQ settings can be seen here:
commando_kick.png

Snare
Extract the snare from the original track by finding the cleanest snare beat where other instruments, vocals, or effect tails are not masking the sound. I didn't search the whole track, but I found one relatively clean hit where the sine pluck synth chord plays on top of the snare. Sine waveform has only fundamental tone, no harmonics. And you can see those fundamental tones as sharp peaks in spectrum analyzer. Thus, it's easy to carve out the sine pluck notes from the snare using thin and deep EQ notches. And a low cut can be used to get rid of any bass tails that could overlap with the snare. Something like this:
commando_snare.png

Shakers
Two shaker samples from 'Sounds of KSHMR Vol 3' alternating. And some tail cut/fade + eq.
These are not very accurately matched to the original track. I just quickly added something with similar short and thin sound. Also applied a bit of reverb and tempo-synced sine LFO to Pan (not really the same as in the original track).
commando_shaker_a.png
commando_shaker_b.png

Ghatam
Sample from 'Discovery Series: India' Kontakt library, playing the note indicated by the yellow arrow in the image below. The sound was tuned down -4.50 semitones in Kontakt and EQ curve can be seen below.
commando_ghatam.png

In general, I would recommend to use spectrum analyzer and/or sonogram plugins. Something like Voxengo SPAN and FL Studio Wave Candy. You could do sound design by ear only. But it's much easier, faster, and more accurate using analyzer plugins.

Great :clap: I have Sounds of KSHMR Vol 3 and Sounds of KSHMR Vol 4, the best sample packs in my opinion (all in one). Can you still show me a "screen .png :wink: " piano roll - How you created drums in your daw (ableton live daw). I'm learning to analyze notes, but I still have a lot of training. Thanks you :tu:

FIkcja wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:31 pm Great :clap: I have Sounds of KSHMR Vol 3 and Sounds of KSHMR Vol 4, the best sample packs in my opinion (all in one). Can you still show me a "screen .png :wink: " piano roll - How you created drums in your daw (ableton live daw). I'm learning to analyze notes, but I still have a lot of training. Thanks you :tu:
No, I will not provide more help. Sorry.
You have been on this forum already over two years asking many similar questions. And you got many helpful replies, including video instructions, from CHOOS and others. You really should be already able to figure out those things yourself.

bluesawsq wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:03 pm
FIkcja wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:31 pm Great :clap: I have Sounds of KSHMR Vol 3 and Sounds of KSHMR Vol 4, the best sample packs in my opinion (all in one). Can you still show me a "screen .png :wink: " piano roll - How you created drums in your daw (ableton live daw). I'm learning to analyze notes, but I still have a lot of training. Thanks you :tu:
No, I will not provide more help. Sorry.
You have been on this forum already over two years asking many similar questions. And you got many helpful replies, including video instructions, from CHOOS and others. You really should be already able to figure out those things yourself.
Still, thank you for your help, I learned a lot. I'm sorry if I irritated you. :neutral:

FIkcja wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:49 pm Still, thank you for your help, I learned a lot. I'm sorry if I irritated you. :neutral:
No hard feelings. :hug:

Return to “Sound Design”