RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

Hello :wink:

Can anyone suggest,

:idea: how this reese bass was made? It starts at 0:03
:idea: how this pluk was made? It starts at 0:29
:idea: how this drop lead bass was made? It starts at 0:55
:idea: how this drop fx bass was made? It starts at 0:58 (maybe revers ??)

Please help me... I use serum, vital, spiere or sylenth1 vst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HmXmxtNM8

Hi :wink:

I created midi and bass drop serum, it is for verification. Please give me suggestions. What needs to be changed.

. Link Serum Preset: Click Download
. Lind Midi Drop Bass: Click Download

Please Help me  :idea:

i need Help wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:36 pm Heads up for anyone wanting to help, just be aware of the potential commitment you’re signing up for lol.
I don't understand you, if you can help, just help. I created a midi and a preset. This needs to be corrected, to suggest which way to go :wink:

FIkcja wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:54 am I don't understand you
That makes two of us :wink:

i need Help wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:07 am
FIkcja wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:54 am I don't understand you
That makes two of us :wink:

If you know how to help then tell me. You create redundant answers. Treats it as spam :(

FIkcja wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:11 pm Hi :wink:

I created midi and bass drop serum, it is for verification. Please give me suggestions. What needs to be changed.

The sound character of your Serum preset is pretty good :tu:.
The envelopes need some adjustment. Reduce the decay times in ENV1 and ENV2 to about 185 ms and make the attack smoother. I think the spikey attack-decay transition is causing some undesirable clicks. Maybe in the original track the attack shape is more like an S-curve, and it might be done using external side-chaining/volume-shaper plugin. Also a bit more stereo width is needed, maybe by increasing unison detune on OSCs and/or adding a tiny bit of short reverb.

In the original track there is probably a separate sine sub-bass layer.
And the sub-bass notes are longer than the growl bass. Maybe you had approximated the decay time based on the sub-bass length.

bluesawsq wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:27 pm
FIkcja wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:11 pm Hi :wink:

The sound character of your Serum preset is pretty good :tu:.
The envelopes need some adjustment. Reduce the decay times in ENV1 and ENV2 to about 185 ms and make the attack smoother. I think the spikey attack-decay transition is causing some undesirable clicks. Maybe in the original track the attack shape is more like an S-curve, and it might be done using external side-chaining/volume-shaper plugin. Also a bit more stereo width is needed, maybe by increasing unison detune on OSCs and/or adding a tiny bit of short reverb.

In the original track there is probably a separate sine sub-bass layer.
And the sub-bass notes are longer than the growl bass. Maybe you had approximated the decay time based on the sub-bass length.
I've reworked the mid-bass, according to the your instructions. Please you can use it my preset. Can you convert it to 'on my own' and send me :wink: I'm sending you a link download: :arrow: Click Download :idea:

FIkcja wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:04 pm I've reworked the mid-bass, according to the your instructions. Please you can use it my preset. Can you convert it to 'on my own' and send me :wink: I'm sending you a link download: :arrow: Click Download :idea:
You should follow the instructions more closely. :wink:
Looks like in your second version the ENV1 and ENV2 decay times are not changed at all. Instead, you have increased the attack times to 185ms.

You should think what you are doing and listen to the result. Don't just follow some instructions without comparing the results.

I don't think it's necessary to send a preset to you. You should be able to follow the instructions, and your own preset should be just fine. My version wouldn't be any better.

To make these discussions more interesting, I would like to also read your descriptions of the sounds you tried to recreate. Which properties of the sound you think you got recreated accurately, and which adjustments/settings were the most important to get that sound. And also, in what area you had some difficulties, and where you think some help is needed.

bluesawsq wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:34 pm
FIkcja wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:04 pm I've reworked the mid-bass, according to the your instructions. Please you can use it my preset. Can you convert it to 'on my own' and send me :wink: I'm sending you a link download: :arrow: Click Download :idea:
You should follow the instructions more closely. :wink:
Looks like in your second version the ENV1 and ENV2 decay times are not changed at all. Instead, you have increased the attack times to 185ms.

You should think what you are doing and listen to the result. Don't just follow some instructions without comparing the results.

I don't think it's necessary to send a preset to you. You should be able to follow the instructions, and your own preset should be just fine. My version wouldn't be any better.

To make these discussions more interesting, I would like to also read your descriptions of the sounds you tried to recreate. Which properties of the sound you think you got recreated accurately, and which adjustments/settings were the most important to get that sound. And also, in what area you had some difficulties, and where you think some help is needed.
Wow :wink: , I think you were a great teacher. I'm a lesser your student. I want to find out... step by step what I'm doing wrong, during the analysis sound. I managed to make buildup reese bass and midi (if I'm faking it, then correct me).

:arrow: Click Download Mid Reese :idea:
:arrow: Click Download Bass Serum Reese :idea:
:arrow: Click Download Bass Serum Drop ver.3 :idea:

[Bass Drop ver 3] I did it by ear, but it still doesn't sound like in the song. That's why I have changed the ENV1 and ENV2. How you can improve present's.

I still don't get how make:

:idea: how this pluvk was made? It starts at 0:29

Help me :wink:

I don't understand what you were trying to do with those Reese bass MIDI notes. Looks like you played some chords and still your Serum preset is set to mono. I think the original bass line is playing just single notes. Or did you export some wrong track to MIDI? :?

Here is my version of the reese bass Serum preset:
BA Dark RM reese.zip
Audio example with Macro1 automation sweep + Volume shaper plugin for sidechain effect.
https://voca.ro/1ev8bIQU6kWy

Description of the Serum preset:
- OSC A: Saw (Oct +1) with 16 unison voices and detuning, and ring modulation from OSC B (Oct 0)
- Low-pass-Notch filter. The intro filter sweep is done mainly by sweeping the notch.
- A bit of Dimension FX and EQ
- A bit of key-tracking modulation (Note #) to filter and EQ frequencies
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bluesawsq wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:04 pm I don't understand what you were trying to do with those Reese bass MIDI notes. Looks like you played some chords and still your Serum preset is set to mono. I think the original bass line is playing just single notes. Or did you export some wrong track to MIDI? :?
My Mistake, Fact Reese bass play is playing just single notes. That is, it should play w C, G, A#, F ? Have you listened maybe :wink: Click Download Bass Serum Drop ver.3 Such a metallic sound is still missing, which is still missing?

I still don't get how make:

:idea: how this pluck was made? It starts at 0:29

FIkcja wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:56 am :idea: how this pluck was made? It starts at 0:29
It sounds similar to a classic house organ, but it's more plucky.
You can get close by starting with unison detuned triangle osc through low-pass filter with some resonance and plucky envelope on cutoff. Then add a sine an octave lower and a square octave higher than the main triangle osc. The sine and square should be barely audible, only adding a bit of character to the sound. The main sound comes from the triangle osc. Then fine-tune the attack and decay shapes on amp and filter envelopes.

Here is an audio example using Serum + epicPLATEmkII reverb:
https://voca.ro/1lFyi5wjj2jI
And the Serum preset:
PL Feels Like House.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bluesawsq wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:31 pm
FIkcja wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:56 am :idea: how this pluck was made? It starts at 0:29
It sounds similar to a classic house organ, but it's more plucky.
You can get close by starting with unison detuned triangle osc through low-pass filter with some resonance and plucky envelope on cutoff. Then add a sine an octave lower and a square octave higher than the main triangle osc. The sine and square should be barely audible, only adding a bit of character to the sound. The main sound comes from the triangle osc. Then fine-tune the attack and decay shapes on amp and filter envelopes.

Here is an audio example using Serum + epicPLATEmkII reverb:
https://voca.ro/1lFyi5wjj2jI
And the Serum preset:
PL Feels Like House.zip

Thank you for so much :wink:

Return to “Sound Design”