Logic Pro 10.8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:30 am I am planning to finally buy the full version of Logic Pro today. So, when moving from the trial version, before removing the trial version, do I simply just make a backup of the preferences/.plist file and then replace it in the full version installation?

Also, I have backed up the folder/s where all the templates, presets, etc. are stored, but I just want to make sure my full installation works exactly in the same way I set up my trial version to work.

Any suggestions for "moving from trial to full version of Logic Pro" would be appreciated.
I would assume you buy your license and the AppStore does the rest.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I've had a couple of incidents with bounced songs in 10.8 (Macbook Air 2020 16gb, Sonoma 14.0).

Once a clap that was an audio region was noticeably louder when bounced out. And I've had the bass part, software instrument midi region, playing out of tune, pitch bend was put on it or something.

Going to have to go back to 10.7.6, which was the last version for me to work with no issues.

medienhexer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:20 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:30 am I am planning to finally buy the full version of Logic Pro today. So, when moving from the trial version, before removing the trial version, do I simply just make a backup of the preferences/.plist file and then replace it in the full version installation?

Also, I have backed up the folder/s where all the templates, presets, etc. are stored, but I just want to make sure my full installation works exactly in the same way I set up my trial version to work.

Any suggestions for "moving from trial to full version of Logic Pro" would be appreciated.
I would assume you buy your license and the AppStore does the rest.
I was a bit anxious since I noticed that buying the app thrashes the trial version, but I followed the prompt, bought the app (yesterday), and noticed everything is same as trial version even when the full version was installed as a new app. So, you were right. But I did back up the important files before buying just in case.

Thanks. :tu:

If anyone has the Logic Pro 10.7.9 app, could you please help me with a download link?

The reason is I bought Logic Pro yesterday and I only have the 10.8 version. I am not sure, but if I feel the need to downgrade to 10.7.9, I just want to have it for the projects I started with it. I am not sure if the trial version app of 10.7.9 would be OK to use now that I own Logic Pro.

Why would you need to downgrade?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:31 pm If anyone has the Logic Pro 10.7.9 app, could you please help me with a download link?

The reason is I bought Logic Pro yesterday and I only have the 10.8 version. I am not sure, but if I feel the need to downgrade to 10.7.9, I just want to have it for the projects I started with it. I am not sure if the trial version app of 10.7.9 would be OK to use now that I own Logic Pro.
PM me proof of purchase (app store screenshot will do) and i can send you the app, i have it backed up.

I don’t think you need it tho - i opened plenty 10.7.9 projects with 10.8 and it’s fine :)

stoopicus wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:00 am Why would you need to downgrade?
I may not need to, but I just want to have the installer of the 10.7.9 version with which I had done some work in the last 3 months after having bought my first Mac.

I did notice that with some plugins the left mouse click drag on some plugin knobs (Arturia and Waves plugins from what I recall) is a bit jittery. Not sure if it happened before and whether it is Logic Pro related.

Have you observed this in your case with 10.8 (or maybe even 10.7.9)?

Ploki wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:11 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:31 pm If anyone has the Logic Pro 10.7.9 app, could you please help me with a download link?

PM me proof of purchase (app store screenshot will do) and i can send you the app, i have it backed up.

I don’t think you need it tho - i opened plenty 10.7.9 projects with 10.8 and it’s fine :)
Sure, here is the screenshot from App Store. I can send my invoice screenshot if you want. Rest assured I own it. :)

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 8.55.48 AM.png

Ideally, I would want to have the 10.7.9 package/installer instead of backed up app from Applications, but I guess that won't be possible.

Yes, I may not downgrade, but thought to keep the previous version handy just in case. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

andypryce wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:34 pm Release Notes

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
This FREE v10.8 update includes at least 10x the number of improvements included in the average Cubase Pro upgrade that costs $99.

Maybe Apple just sells so many iPhones that they don't care about making money from Logic Pro upgrades. But Steinberg needs to do something serious to compete, IMO.

Careless Memories wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:04 am
andypryce wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:34 pm Release Notes

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718
This FREE v10.8 update includes at least 10x the number of improvements included in the average Cubase Pro upgrade that costs $99.

Maybe Apple just sells so many iPhones that they don't care about making money from Logic Pro upgrades. But Steinberg needs to do something serious to compete, IMO.
Yeah right. I was very interested in what Steinberg would come up in Version 13 , but the new features were pretty mediocre. As Steinberg is the inventor of VST Technology i expected that they would come up with at least one killer feature.

Raddler1 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:20 pm Sample alchemy is cool, but every time I load a loop or sample it is immediately altered with the granular effect. Any way to keep the imported loop 'clean' and unprocessed?
That's what I thought too and was looking for that option, would be more useful to be able to use a clean version along with the granular i think.

The way it is done is fantastic with the motion recorder but the granular engine is showing its age now to me, it just doesn't sound that great unless as part of a bigger sound in Alchemy so is a bit limited in how much I would use it I think.

pizzatime1 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:25 pm The way it is done is fantastic with the motion recorder but the granular engine is showing its age now to me, it just doesn't sound that great unless as part of a bigger sound in Alchemy so is a bit limited in how much I would use it I think.
I don't use granular much, but I got the impression all engines are doing the same simple thing. What differences are you seeing?
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

In sound? They all sound quite different.. Crusher-x is still the best I think, probably Current is a good new one that would be my second favourite, Avengers granular sounds amazing, almost gritty but very cool, Pigments is quite boring and mushy, Alchemy is good but has a bit of a harsh not very detailed sound to it, Rapid is ok but quite vanilla sounding.. that's my opinions on most of the big ones I have used.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:29 am

Sure, here is the screenshot from App Store. I can send my invoice screenshot if you want. Rest assured I own it. :)

Ideally, I would want to have the 10.7.9 package/installer instead of backed up app from Applications, but I guess that won't be possible.

Yes, I may not downgrade, but thought to keep the previous version handy just in case. :)
There are installers?
Generally app store apps are downloaded into applications folder directly, no?

I’ll likely come back to studio tomorrow not sooner, i can upload it and send it you

Ploki wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:13 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:29 am

There are installers?
Generally app store apps are downloaded into applications folder directly, no?

I’ll likely come back to studio tomorrow not sooner, i can upload it and send it you
Sorry, the installers seem to be only applicable for trial version downloads. So, you are right, it has to be a backup of the app downloaded from the App Store. New to Mac/Logic Pro, so... :)

Okay, no hurry, but it would be much appreciated whenever you get the chance. Thank you.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”