Axe I/O One Huge Noise on Boot or Restart

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I've contacted IKM Support and had a few exchanges with them, but want to ask some owners of AXE I/O One some questions before returning my unit for testing by IKM as they suggested:

Does Axe I/O One (or other model) cause a huge racket in the speakers when the computer is turned on? Does it also or instead make a huge racket when the system is restarted? When it was new, mine used not to do that, so apparently something has changed. Or I had a different audio routing back then and have forgotten about it. IKM Support has declined to comment about this problem, only to recommend returning the unit.

The interface also sounds like it's going off and on again when using Cubase, especially when I select a track and "Record" becomes activated for that track. Sometimes the interface becomes completely disconnected, requiring me to close the project(s) and restart Cubase.

The unit used to cause a huge racket whenever I bumped the USB connector to my computer, but after cleaning the connector with contact cleaner (1,1,1 tricholorethane), the situation has improved. (The other causes of huge noise rackets remain.) Has anyone else had problems with the USB connector being intermittent?

Does any of this sound familiar?

For those who have returned products to IKM: I'd like to learn about your experience. In particular, I don't want to be burned by getting back a substandard "re-conditioned" unit which has happened to me in the past (Philips Electronics(*)). And, of course, I don't want to end with the carrier losing the unit.

I'd really appreciate any other comments from users who have had experience with returns to IKM and/or Axe I/O problems such as the one I've described. (I am familiar with other complaints about these interfaces such as unexpected clipping, distortion, noise, etc.)

Thanks very much for your attention and for any help.

(*) Philips Electronics: about whom I've joked "Can't even make a light bulb" only to discover later that this was literally true. Four "2,000-hour" floodlamps, installed by contractors before I could stop them, lasted no more than 500 hours each. I believe that the lifetimes actually ranged from about 200 hours to 500 hours. Pathetic. Caveat emptor!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”