macOS Sonoma 14.2 audio dropouts (M1)

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear lord! What has Apple done to audio in macOS 14.2? Is anybody else experiencing intermittent audio dropouts? I cannot get Live 11/12 Beta, Logic Pro or MainStage to play smoothly.

Glad I have a backup...

Live 11.3.13 (latest non-beta) and Sonoma 14.2.
Been making music with a friend for ours straight today with no problems a all... weird
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

I had audio that would occasionally cut out, and other issues, on 13.6. So it's not impossible it's Apple. this all abated immediately upon moving to OS 14 (beta shortly before release).

I see no reason to update from the list of improvements. ain't broke/don't fix

All good here :)
No drop outs

Are these dropouts occurring on the Built-in audio output, or is an external I/O involved?
On a number of Macs

No such issues here in Cubendo work in 14.2 on macbook pro m1 max.
rsp
sound sculptist

I have these Issue too with an M3 and Sonoma. I'm using a RME Babyface FS Pro and I have erratic drop outs in Ableton. CPU usage is low. With Built-in Audio from the Mac there are no drop outs. So I think the the RME driver has trouble with Sonoma. And this with both the Driverkit Driver and the Kernel Extension Driver.

hell-g wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:55 pm I have these Issue too with an M3 and Sonoma. I'm using a RME Babyface FS Pro and I have erratic drop outs in Ableton. CPU usage is low. With Built-in Audio from the Mac there are no drop outs. So I think the the RME driver has trouble with Sonoma. And this with both the Driverkit Driver and the Kernel Extension Driver.
No problem with M3 Max and Ableton and RME Babyface Pro FS. Which version of Ableton are you running? I got 11.3.13 and most recent Beta 12.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

I'm using 11.3.13 and 11.3.20 beta.

hell-g wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:07 pm I'm using 11.3.13 and 11.3.20 beta.
You flashed the most recent firmware on the Babyface Pro itself?
my Trap beatz:

Yes I do. Perhaps I should deinstall the driver and try it again. Do you use NI Plugins like Kontakt 7 or Ozone?

Kontakt 7 and it´s working just fine here. Just upgraded to Komplete 14 last week so i played around with Kontakt 7 and the new banks a lot, so i can say for sure it´s running without any hiccup here.
my Trap beatz:

I looked around pertaining to this question. It's appeared here before; this specific one looks Ableton-centric (& with teh RME audio card).

Elsewhere, I had the same stupid problem on MacOS 14.2 as I did on 13.6 but don't with beta 14.3. You can't take that anecdote to the bank or anywhere, I don't know enough to blame Apple or Steinberg or VSL but my projects develop corruption and become unusable only when Cubase 12 or 13 connects to VE Pro in all-silicon modes. The earlier symptom was "the audio hardware has been removed" (even when built-in was selected which makes the statement of error useless) and here it starts. Take VEP out of the equation and projects don't do it. But the crash back trace is all Cubase (or really basic Apple processes).

I have aswell some dropouts problem: Macbook Air M1 und Arturia Minifuse 1. The sound in headphones randomly drops for couple of seconds and one can here some clicky sounds. Don't know if the problem is Minifuse to Mac connection or some driver problem on mac.

from the keywords "Macbook Air M1 and Arturia Minifuse 1" at google, instantly in hit #1 are five Reddits threads containing all terms... with questions

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”