SWAY - a synth modeled after the Yamaha SY77

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sheaf wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:09 am I appreciate you taking the time to offer suggestions, but I've made up my mind about the fundamentals.
As an avid fan of old reverbs, I am very happy you decided to go with the original.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

sheaf wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:09 am

I appreciate you taking the time to offer suggestions, but I've made up my mind about the fundamentals. If I would've gone the other route of using modern features it would have become something that's only very loosely inspired by the SY77, since everything from the envelopes to the filters to the FX section could stand to be improved.
Good for you... :tu:

—————————————————-
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I still own both the TG-77 and SY-99 and both have seen some better days. I am seriously looking forward to this new Sway VST with open arms and pockets! The debate about the effects should be a non-issue really since most computer synth folks are capable of making anything work for themselves sonically.
Last edited by Caesarg86 on Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caesarg86 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:42 pm I still own both the TG-77 and SY-99 and both have seen some better days. I am seriously looking forward to this new Sway VST with open arms and pockets! The debate about the effects should be a non-issue really since most computer synth folks are capable of making anything work for themselves sonically,
I echo :hihi: your opinion
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

HOw is development going ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Getting excited for this synth!

Just saw this tread, will the plugin be released with the presets, or is just something like making a kind of 1:1 plugins that loads the original rom if you have it?

really looking foward to this synth
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Adding my +1 for this. kept three HW synths for sound design (Wavestation AD, K2500RS) but the TG77 is the only one i haven't found a good alt for. and yes, that does include the "period quality fx". not quite getting the fuss as it's completely possible to avoid it if you don't care for it, but there's also a place for those "grainy" verbs. heck, i've had peeps chase me down for SPX-90s, so it's a thing for some. and fwiw, still have Lexicon HW because it just sounds different than the VSTs.

as for the IP wrt to the original samples, i also see the potential issue with the "distribution" of any original content, but offering the original capability to make use of "similar" sounds might be a way forward, with the possibility of a factory authorized set should the market prove to be worth the effort.

and as a -very- potential customer for this, i wouldn't mind any additions to the original functionality, but would have to really consider any "substitutions". that includes the meticulous modeling of any display fade feature... :-)

as an additional 'rights' consideration, one of those annoying superfluous MS apps is named Sway.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:21 pm HOw is development going ?
Still plugging along. I've made some great progress, though I wish I had more time to work on it. The last couple of weeks I've been working hard on the AFM module. I need to wrap up some things and then I'll make a video showcasing it.

I'm still aiming for a release later this year. But december is looking more likely than july.
Frankie.T wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 am Just saw this tread, will the plugin be released with the presets, or is just something like making a kind of 1:1 plugins that loads the original rom if you have it?
It doesn't ship with the original factory presets or samples. But it can load SysEx dumps and if you happen to have the original sample ROM it can utilize that too.
https://sheafmusic.com/remoter - Stream from your DAW to your phone

sheaf wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:24 am It doesn't ship with the original factory presets or samples. But it can load SysEx dumps and if you happen to have the original sample ROM it can utilize that too.
If you want help with presets when you are getting closer to release, let me know. Seeing the SY77 coming in software is something I absolutely want to support.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Instruments”