Win. 11 setup: Accidentally "Restored from last Device". Should I undo? Desperate Producer

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I first powered on my new PC; I started going through the 'Win. 11' setup. It asked me to sign-in to a Microsoft account. When I did, it said it would carry over a list of things (ex. "settings, apps etc.") from my previous device (my old PC). I didn't see an option to set it up as a "new device". Did I just miss it? When restoring from the last PC, did that take all the settings I did to try to "optimize" it? Who knows what I did over the years. (messed w/ the registry etc.) I realized things like the new PC was set to "high performance" in the battery options. (Don't think that's the default, but maybe I'm wrong)... So did it bring those settings over??? I don't see files, apps, and downloads from my old PC... If it did, what kind of re-install should I do? (The Win.11 came built-in to the PC).... Please help ASAP Thanks

I don't think it brings a ton of advanced settings like registry tweaks over, it's mostly things like desktop wallpaper and other user preferences, as well as WiFi passwords etc.

It'll mainly bring over windows personalized stuff, nothing major.

Okay, thanks; that's reassuring... So probably not whatever I did in 'msconfig'?
Do you think the "high performance" battery mode w/ whatever tweaks were restored over or just the standard for 'Win. 11 Pro'?

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”