Harmony Bloom by Mario Nieto (MIDI plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmony Bloom

You can get around the Ableton limitation using these 2 M4L devices, I have used them with Instacomposer.

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/9 ... st-wrapper

https://maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=9451
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

What's new in v1.23 that just dropped?

IIRC 1.2.3 is mostly minor fixes.

...On the other hand Mario is live on Youtube right now, testing multichannel output. This ride never ends! :party:

--
Marco

MelloProg wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:05 pm What's new in v1.23 that just dropped?
here s the change log, just small corrections and fixes:

Harmony Bloom 1.2.3:

-FIXED: In Standalone Save midi Mappings.
-The actions taken based on the status of the notes (Active or Inactive) can be undone and redone.
-Fixed and improved backward compatibility with previous versions to avoid problems in the future.

And yeah, for the new version we will have MIDI channel routing for each trigger for plugin versions (in Ableton it won't be unless using the M4L that Bob Swans mentions). Yesterday, I was doing the first tests in Bitwig with the multichannel thing, and you can achieve very interesting results.

if you want to take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/live/Dzdoo0Ytwm ... Zh4&t=2934

Your support is really outstanding.
And it's great to see, that it pays off and you get lots of new customers. :)

Quick question - is anyone having issues with Bitwig remembering the size of the UI (Win11, latest Bitwig, latest version of Harmony Bloom).

When I drag the corner to set it to the size I want, I click on 'Save as default preset', this normally seems to work (not for all plugins), but when I re-open HB, it is back to the default size.

Plugin dev of the year! Really good work Mario, and thank you for listening to requests. How you implement them so fast is very impressive 👏

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:44 am Harmony Bloom 1.2.3:
Hi Mario,
1.2.x is looking great overall. The issues I mentioned earlier are still there in 1.2.3 unfortunately.
Can you please look into this?

My post probably got buried during the 1.2 release posts, here it is again:
Is there a way to use the "input node" mode in legato fashion?
To be more precise, what I actually want:
- If no note is on and a note is played, reset the sequence
- If a note is on and a new note is played, do not reset the sequence and just add the new note to the sequence

The retrigger option seems to reset the sequence on each note even if you play them legato

edit: In addition to my question, I may have found a bug with automation in reaper. It looks like all parameters are rounded to the second decimal place which is an issue because in my case 0.020 sounds totally different than 0.022 depending on the other settings. I've tried a few other plugins and they seem to be fine with 3 decimal places, so I think it's not a reaper issue. To reproduce create an automation lane for "free offset" for example, then right click an envelope point and set something like 0.004, then click ok. Right click point again, the value is rounded.
Especially the automation issue makes the plugin pretty much unusable here for anything else than playing around :/

xerxes[no] wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:39 pm Plugin dev of the year! Really good work Mario, and thank you for listening to requests. How you implement them so fast is very impressive 👏
He's so old skool, he must be AI ;)

Dr.Gunjah wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:31 pm
Especially the automation issue makes the plugin pretty much unusable here for anything else than playing around :/
I find the plugin useful without doing automation.

That said, automation needs a bit of TLC. If I automate parameters in Bitwig, then notes drop out. I wonder if that is the same issue of precision you mentioned. If the automation makes the value jump, maybe that makes notes skip over the trigger bar causing them not to trigger.

Yeah it depends on workflow I think, with 'here' I meant on my side specifically. Do the automation points (?) in bitwig get rounded too?

Dr.Gunjah wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:31 pm
MarioNietoWorld wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:44 am Harmony Bloom 1.2.3:
Hi Mario,
1.2.x is looking great overall. The issues I mentioned earlier are still there in 1.2.3 unfortunately.
Can you please look into this?

My post probably got buried during the 1.2 release posts, here it is again:
Is there a way to use the "input node" mode in legato fashion?
To be more precise, what I actually want:
- If no note is on and a note is played, reset the sequence
- If a note is on and a new note is played, do not reset the sequence and just add the new note to the sequence

The retrigger option seems to reset the sequence on each note even if you play them legato

edit: In addition to my question, I may have found a bug with automation in reaper. It looks like all parameters are rounded to the second decimal place which is an issue because in my case 0.020 sounds totally different than 0.022 depending on the other settings. I've tried a few other plugins and they seem to be fine with 3 decimal places, so I think it's not a reaper issue. To reproduce create an automation lane for "free offset" for example, then right click an envelope point and set something like 0.004, then click ok. Right click point again, the value is rounded.
Hey, I've been a bit busy these days finishing up the version for the iPad. As soon as I have it ready, I'll check out the points you mentioned.

Hi , I have a question about the Note Collection.

If I enter some chords and set Harmony Bloom to use Input notes only it doesnt output the notes as expected but it is printing notes outside of the chords.

Any idea why ? It might be some settings on my side I am overlooking. I am using version 1.23 and Bitwig.

Paterfiets wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:02 pm Hi , I have a question about the Note Collection.

If I enter some chords and set Harmony Bloom to use Input notes only it doesnt output the notes as expected but it is printing notes outside of the chords.

Any idea why ? It might be some settings on my side I am overlooking. I am using version 1.23 and Bitwig.
If this happens, it's very likely because you have a different scale applied other than Chromatic, so the notes are adjusted to the selected scale.

I guess that was it, al seems fine now although I was sure I checked that. Well.., must have been late lol. Thnx !

Return to “Instruments”