How do I use an ATMOS VST3 plugin to create height channels

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys ... A lot has happened in last couple of years. We now have VST/VST3 plugins that can create atmos height channels.
I use Sound Forge or Adobe Audition to create 5.1 from stereo. I have a 5.1.2 sound system.
I use an Sony AVR with AR speakers [front, subwoofer & the height speakers are the AR PL100 Ultra Slim] & Pioneer tower speakers for my back surrounds. Sounds great.
But ... I want to learn how to open up a video or wav file that has 5.1 channels and use a VST3 plugin to create the height channels
and then export it out and ... use the Adobe Media Encoder ... to create a mp4 or mkv video file with ATMOS sound.
This is my idea ... my plan.
I've got some Christmas home videos that I'm going to upmix to 5.1. And I can do that with Sound Forge and Adobe Audition.
But ... I think I need to use Nuendo or Cubase or Davinci Resolve ... or PreSonus Studio One 6 to create the height channels using VST3 a plugin.
But ... I need to figure out which one will do the job nice and simple and ... easy perhaps.
I know it can be done ... the YouTube videos show it happening. But these instructors ... start in the middle.
I need to see a file with 5.1 already in it and just add some ATMOS height channels to spice up the video.
And create a video with ATMOS .... 5.1.2
Come on ... show us how so we can make some really memorable home videos of our Halloween Parties by upmixing our
simple 2 channel stereo to >> 5.1.2 .... I can do the 5.1 ... but I need help creating the >> .2 part.
I'd like to try and use VST3 plugins to create the height channels. Sound Forge & Adobe Audition can't create Atmos height channels.
They can load the plugins ... WAVDSP WDUpMix ... this plugin seems interesting. I'd like to try it.
... but I think I need to use Nuendo or Cubase or Davinci Resolve ... or PreSonus Studio One 6.
Thank you ... :wink:

Have a look at Michael G Wagner's Youtube channel. None of your 'influencer' bullshit, just a wealth of knowledge and experience on surround and spatial audio.
... but I think I need to use Nuendo or Cubase or Davinci Resolve ... or PreSonus Studio One 6.
Well, he shows you usage of all sorts of ambisonics and surround systems in various DAWs, including lots of others, like Live, Logic, Reaper, ProTools, Bitwig.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Atmos requires 11 channel audio.
May be 1 in 100,000 will have it.
This is a failed thing and go away soon.
Forget it and move on.
Regards.
maanga

Ambeo Orbit or dear VR Micro, but these are not Atmos but I've used them, they work for height (Dear is the new version of Ambeo)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”