Why's there Multiple Shortcuts: "Name" & a hidden "Name 64-Bit" - Please Help - Desperate Producer

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I install a program, there'll often be a shortcut made on the desktop or when I click on the "windows" icon; I can see the newly installed and create one. I realized sometimes there's another shortcut available in the "recent". (ex. I installed 'Maschine 2' and it put a 'Maschine 2' shortcut on the desktop. I later realized under "recent" there was an icon also for "Maschine 2 64-bit"... If I click on "file location" they both take me to the exact same one; so are they different or is it just how they are named??? If they are different, then should I go through 'program files' and find any '64-bit' named icons to make shortcuts? Any help would be great. Thank you

Check your GS post, please. I saw that one before this one and responded there.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Okay, I'll check that. I'll start to try and only post on one or the other. Since I'm new to forums, I didn't think or realize the fact that there's the overlap ... Thanks

Please Help - Desperate Producer
Tone down a bit on the drama please...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Recent is based on what you've launched recently, hence the name.
Not everything gets a shortcut on the desktop. Delete if you dont need.
Everything should ideally wind up in the start menu.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

BertKoor wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:44 am
Please Help - Desperate Producer
Tone down a bit on the drama please...
I will. Sorry, too many years of drama class, though I don't think I ever took it. :lol

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:11 am Recent is based on what you've launched recently, hence the name.
Not everything gets a shortcut on the desktop. Delete if you dont need.
Everything should ideally wind up in the start menu.
Okay, sounds good. Thanks... I'm not too worried anymore. It just through me off b/c the installer for 'Native Instruments' put a handful of shortcuts on the 'desktop', which I've been using; then I realized later when I clicked on the 'window' button there were shortcuts for all the same but '64-bit'... Either way, all good. Thanks

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”