Studio One 6.5, Cubase 13, Fl Studio 21.3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What does everyone think of the releases so far in the DAW's out? When you look at Studio One 6.5, Cubase 13, and others? Any updates you liked or disliked so far?
Last edited by wuworld on Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You've got a lot of time if you have time to use three DAWs, I hardly find time to use one. ;-D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

IMO Live12 looks like the best upgrade from a previous version.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:29 pm You've got a lot of time if you have time to use three DAWs, I hardly find time to use one. ;-D
Plus polluting forums with stupid threads.

Enough with these DAW wars and use what works for you.
Rather than making music, you guys worship the tools…

parkerboi wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:22 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:29 pm You've got a lot of time if you have time to use three DAWs, I hardly find time to use one. ;-D

I think you'll find that my threads are some of the most viewed and most entertaining of those you can find on KVR's forums. :clown:
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:52 pm
parkerboi wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:22 pm

I think you'll find that my threads are some of the most viewed and most entertaining of those you can find on KVR's forums. :clown:
oh sorry, I misquoted : my post was intended for the OP... :ud:

I think you should try to piece together in your mind how you would compose a track, breaking it down into subtasks, considering whether you need a chord track, MIDI routing, clip launcher, scratch pad, etc., and then try to use the DAW that best fits those needs, for instance, AL12 doesn't include any solutions supporting MIDI orchestration, so if that's needed, it's out of the question, etc. - Captain Obvious :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Studio One broke “Lock Pan to Channel” for sends in 6.5.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I took the OP as a general question asking if the recent upgrades of certain DAWs were satisfying or not for the users of "those" DAWS, not on a quest searching for a DAW for him/herself. I might be wrong though :)

andypryce wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:50 pm I took the OP as a general question asking if the recent upgrades of certain DAWs were satisfying or not for the users of "those" DAWS, not on a quest searching for a DAW for him/herself. I might be wrong though :)
That's all I was asking. :hihi:

The redesigned chord-pad is starting to work well in Cubase, but it's still not integrated with the piano roll chord manipulation section, and the chord track is with it, but it's a good path

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXmEqPwRbko

I think the Reason-style chord tracker is still the most usable of all on the market, just as it is also not an integral part of the sequencer found in Reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u1AoTvsBMU
I'm not saying that the device should be completely embedded or eliminated, because it fits nicely among the player devices, but there could be some connection between the two.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

jamcat wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:06 am Studio One broke “Lock Pan to Channel” for sends in 6.5.
Studio One always breaks something when they do updates.

I'm using Cubase these days, it's "boring" but it works.

I have been using Cubase 11 and 12 Pro for quite a while now. Since 13 came out, I have seen many people complain about several issues with it, especially on PC. I'm still considering the update, and have played around with the trial version for a few days now. So far, I haven't found any severe issues with it, but maybe I'm missing something. My studio has a hybrid setup, and I mostly do mixing, with some rare recording sessions. I have never really used any of the stock Cubase plugins, yet, so I wonder if any of you think that some of the additions in 13 are "game changers"? I might as well pull the trigger on this one, since the update is not really expensive. I'm just not sure if I'd rather wait a little longer.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:29 pm
jamcat wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:06 am Studio One broke “Lock Pan to Channel” for sends in 6.5.
Studio One always breaks something when they do updates.

I'm using Cubase these days, it's "boring" but it works.
Every update breaks something somewhere. No software is without bugs. That's CS 101.

PreSonus is aware that it's broken. They just don't know when they'll get around to fixing it.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I think it's pathetic that FL Studio is supposed to be first time user friendly, yet doesn't have anything like chord trigger or chord pad. Just Piano Roll scripts written by other people which I'm terrified will contain malware and don't work half the time.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”