TAL-Pha Released! Alpha Juno II Emulation from TAL-Software

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Pha

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:18 am Am update/install manager would be pretty awesome for tal since they update so often. I do spend a bit of time downloading all the updates from their site.
That would be a tidy solution for TAL.

jamcat wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:59 am You can just download the Anthology XII installer and then select only the plugins you want to install, when you run it.
NICE!

I think my total Eventide folder is about 1.5GB but I'll take that 3GB installer over those any day of the week hah. I'm in the same boat, every damn time, I have to update like 14-15 plugins at once, type in my password 14-15 times, allow access to removable drives 14-15 times, etc.. That will save me some wasted time hah.

Version 1.2.0 / 19.04.2024
※ Arpeggiator host-sync timing problem fixed.

TAL-Pha is so freaking awesome! I had been wanting a software recreation of my beloved MKS-50 for some time. But I was despairing whether this would ever happen given that the Product Managers and Software Engineers at Roland Cloud hadn't seemed to express much interest in creating one.

So imagine my my surprise and delight to discover just today that TAL had brought this beauty to life. But it gets even better than being a near spot-on emulation of the Alpha Juno II / MKS-50. It's actually patch compatible with the hardware and can even be used as an editor for the hardware. Wow, it doesn't get any better than this.

This just became my favorite TAL synth (and I own every plugin they make). Just incredible.

While I haven't done A/B tests between my MKS-50 and the plugin, I'm intimately familiar with how the hardware sounds. And just running through the TAL-Pha presets has convinced me that it probably won't get any better than this.

So kudos to TAL for bringing this to life!

I didn't pay attention to this when it released, got lots of Roland emulations etc. etc. etc.. Downloaded the demo after watching an Alpha Juno video last week (I have no need for another keyboard) and oh my this is a winner.

Sounds incredible - and the addition of the voice component modeling element gives it a leg up on the real deal to some extent. I haven't even made a Hoover, just spent a week drowning in mournful chord mode pads, saddo deep house 24/7.

yeah the alpha juno is a great synth.

mothra wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:50 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:59 am You can just download the Anthology XII installer and then select only the plugins you want to install, when you run it.
NICE!

I think my total Eventide folder is about 1.5GB but I'll take that 3GB installer over those any day of the week hah. I'm in the same boat, every damn time, I have to update like 14-15 plugins at once, type in my password 14-15 times, allow access to removable drives 14-15 times, etc.. That will save me some wasted time hah.
Yup. In the same boat with PSPAudioware. I have all of their stuff and installing and updating takes days because of the mounting and passwords. I’d love a universal installer, even if it’s like 5gb.

Return to “Instruments”