Wave Alchemy - Triaz Native - No Kontakt -- Free for current owners!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wave alchemy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:38 pm For anyone interested, here is a sneak peak at the forthcoming new Pattern Randomizer page (keeping in the style and UX of the existing Drum Randomizer).

Looks awesome. Is there going to be a way to have fixed velocity when entering steps in the sequencer in a future update? I use a touch screen with Triaz and obviously fat fingers lead to widely varied velocities when entering steps.

I request a option which change the behavior of the pattern play button from toggle to gate mode.
It plays pattern only when you push keys then it improves workflow in case of using internal sequencer with pianoroll.

Btw great update :tu:

wave alchemy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:03 pm What else would people like to see?
In case you missed these requests...

I've been able to import my many NI Battery expansion samples into Triaz in Windows through an Administrator CMD shell by creating links using "mklink \D..." as mentioned previously. There are some issues that vex me though:
* When importing user samples as above, Triaz is smart enough to use the existing folder names to label kicks as kicks and snares as snares, but that falls apart for open and closed hi-hats and other instruments. I know WA is planning an AI for this, which sounds promising, but it would be nice if we could just manually assign the metadata right now and tell Triaz which hi-hats are the open ones, etc. Having that metadata is essential if you want to randomize your kits over and over, since Triaz will only use hi-hats it knows are open hit-hats for an OHH slot when you randomize, so no user samples are available for me currently for such slots.
* Triaz won't mix factory and user samples for the kit randomization currently. You either get one or the other per slot, which is an unfortunate limitation.
* I'd like to see a global on/off switch for the sequencer. Currently you can turn it off by simply clearing the sequencing data, but what if I want to use only external sequencing while trying various Triaz kit presets? In general Triaz should be easy to configure for external-only sequencing if the user wants that.

MIDI out is really the only thing I want :)

wave alchemy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:03 pm
seangm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:00 pm
Yeah a lot of the presets are "cinematic" style which doesn't really do anything for me. But overall it's a good drum plugin, they just seem to be pushing the "cinematic" thing for some reason. I would have been happier if they included a larger variety of presets but I guess you can get those on your own.
The Cinematic presets in Triaz were actually more of an afterthought, believe it or not. It was an area we hadn't previously put much thought towards in previous drum products, and so we wanted to expand on this a bit. I believe there are only around 45 of these presests though, with a few more across the 'Percussion' and 'Experimental' genre tag too. They are the first presets that show in the preset browser though (these show alphabetically but in order of the genre tags) , which may have given people the idea that there are a lot.

There are around 650 presets that span the following genres: House, Techno, Electronica, Pop. Lofi, Hip Hop, Tech House, Drum & Bass, Dancehall, Experimental, Top loops and more. Usually with a fairly even amount in each folder.

We have a bunch of expansions in the work, and have been working on these for well over a year already. We should have around 10 of these finished and released this year.

One that we are just finishing up now for example is a very large expansion of acoustic drums, but specifically engineered, mixed and processed for genres such as Hip Hop, Lofi, Bedroom Pop, Experimental Pop, Break Beat. So, very stylized acoustic drums with a lofi aesthetic. This pack alone utilizes hundreds of different drums / kits, and has been recorded with rare vintage mics, and processed to tape, cassette, guitar pedals etc. We are about to transfer all this content to vinyl too and record back the results. It's a pretty epic collection.

Other ones we are working on are Modular Drums, IDM, Techno, A huge creative drum machine pack, 90's style Drum & Bass, Vintage Breaks, a huge world percussion library, Synth Drums 2 for Triaz, Romhack (instant access to a library of nostalgic drums created from original gaming consoles from the 80’s and 90’s), Modern Trap, and quite a few others.

Some of these expansions will have over 10,000 new samples each, and hundreds of new presets utilizing them.

What else would people like to see?
Do you have any timelines for when you would start releasing the expansions? What price range do you have in mind for them? The acoustic drums expansion sounds very interesting to me!
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

TRIAZ is now my primary sequencer and drum tool in FL Studio. I find it super easy to use, except for exporting audio stems. It just straight up doesn't work when attempting to drag to the playlist, though dragging MIDI works fine.

wave alchemy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:03 pm
seangm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:00 pm
Yeah a lot of the presets are "cinematic" style which doesn't really do anything for me. But overall it's a good drum plugin, they just seem to be pushing the "cinematic" thing for some reason. I would have been happier if they included a larger variety of presets but I guess you can get those on your own.
The Cinematic presets in Triaz were actually more of an afterthought, believe it or not. It was an area we hadn't previously put much thought towards in previous drum products, and so we wanted to expand on this a bit. I believe there are only around 45 of these presests though, with a few more across the 'Percussion' and 'Experimental' genre tag too. They are the first presets that show in the preset browser though (these show alphabetically but in order of the genre tags) , which may have given people the idea that there are a lot.

There are around 650 presets that span the following genres: House, Techno, Electronica, Pop. Lofi, Hip Hop, Tech House, Drum & Bass, Dancehall, Experimental, Top loops and more. Usually with a fairly even amount in each folder.

We have a bunch of expansions in the work, and have been working on these for well over a year already. We should have around 10 of these finished and released this year.

One that we are just finishing up now for example is a very large expansion of acoustic drums, but specifically engineered, mixed and processed for genres such as Hip Hop, Lofi, Bedroom Pop, Experimental Pop, Break Beat. So, very stylized acoustic drums with a lofi aesthetic. This pack alone utilizes hundreds of different drums / kits, and has been recorded with rare vintage mics, and processed to tape, cassette, guitar pedals etc. We are about to transfer all this content to vinyl too and record back the results. It's a pretty epic collection.

Other ones we are working on are Modular Drums, IDM, Techno, A huge creative drum machine pack, 90's style Drum & Bass, Vintage Breaks, a huge world percussion library, Synth Drums 2 for Triaz, Romhack (instant access to a library of nostalgic drums created from original gaming consoles from the 80’s and 90’s), Modern Trap, and quite a few others.

Some of these expansions will have over 10,000 new samples each, and hundreds of new presets utilizing them.

What else would people like to see?
These sound really good! I'll start saving up to get Triaz and some of these too.
Thank you for asking! I would definitely be interested in pitched world percussion, ethnic drums, and maybe that you take a look at eastern block drum machines/synths for one of your lo-fi collections.

wave alchemy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:38 pm For anyone interested, here is a sneak peak at the forthcoming new Pattern Randomizer page (keeping in the style and UX of the existing Drum Randomizer).

THIS is the update I am waiting for :clap:

Please tell me its not month away :pray:

Triaz is so awesome. Would it be possible (in the future) to implement a synth engine, to make this "the one and only" drum plugin we need (instead of microtonic and battalion)? :D

It's on sale again at PB, for those still on the fence. Almost 40% off.

cyberboycoolen wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:16 am Triaz is so awesome. Would it be possible (in the future) to implement a synth engine, to make this "the one and only" drum plugin we need (instead of microtonic and battalion)? :D
+1

cyberboycoolen wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:16 am Triaz is so awesome. Would it be possible (in the future) to implement a synth engine, to make this "the one and only" drum plugin we need (instead of microtonic and battalion)? :D
As several of us mentioned, - a Midi Out from Triaz would be a solution for now...

jules99 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:19 am It's on sale again at PB, for those still on the fence. Almost 40% off.
Yes, It's always been at £79 intro price on our own website since launch (since we want to release the 1.01 update first before removing the intro price for marketing reasons). I think Plugin Boutique accidentally removed the intro price at some point, and so I recently asked them to reapply it temporarily to keep synced with us :tu:
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

ralfrobert wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 am
+1
It's not on our roadmap currently, but never say never :D

it may or may not work out, but we are talking to an AI focused music tech company about the possibility of collaborating to build a model to create generative drum samples within Triaz, amongst other things.

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Fannon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 am
Do you have any timelines for when you would start releasing the expansions? What price range do you have in mind for them? The acoustic drums expansion sounds very interesting to me!
We would like to start releasing expansions within the next 6 weeks. Our aim is to fully finish up a number of the expansions we are currently working on before we launch the first one, so that we can have a consistent release schedule throughout the year. We are putting significant effort into these and we are investing a lot into the creation of new content for the Triaz platform.

As always, the expansions won't be locked behind any proprietary format, and the samples will be left open. Meaning even those who don't own Triaz will find great value in these expansions by getting access to well organized wav files. We will also have a free player version of Triaz specifically for expansions, so people can still enjoy the presets :tu:

In terms of price range, this will depend on the expansion (since some will have far more / far less samples / presets than others). Flagship expansions (as we are calling them internally) will essentially be close to the size and versatility of the factory content, and then we are also working on smaller expansions too that are very focused on specific niches and quirky stuff too. We are not yet sure on pricing, but I imagine anywhere between £19 and £69 depending on the expansion.

Return to “Instruments”