What happened to the 'music originally recorded at 432' post?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I get the people have difficulty dealing with ideas beyond their domain, but to have this thread deleted.. I don't get it. Did someone say something so offensive that it had to be removed?

If someone wants to pop up and say 'the whole conversation was pointless blabbering about stuff which isn't a thing' can I redirect you elsewhere? It is impossible having a conversation beyond 'ahh the ever increasing cycle of reverb releases' or 'ilok blah blah'..

I recognise there are _maaany_ people on here who think they know it all and how it all works, and what DEFINITELY isn't a thing, but for goodness sake.. why can't conversations be civil, why can't people just concede they don't know it all, this is supposed to be a community of (mostly) creatives so where is the open-mindedness? (someone will come along and say those two things aren't exclusive..)

I _know_ there are people here who don't behave like that, and those people can hold a decent progressive, expansive conversation about things they don't understand in an effort to understand them.

but there also a lot of tw@s here.

Mods delete this if you want, but I think it's an entirely fair an accurate representation of the kvr-ers, and perfectly captures why that thread was deleted. Unless someone did a reeeally bad swear or linked to some hideous illegal content, in which case.. fair enough.

Which one are you? Do you impose your skewed, biased (and yes, it probably is) understanding of things to everyone? Or do you like to share ideas and try to assume that you don't know-it-all.

You're probably better off not answering since someone will come and tell you you're wrong anyways

The mods, who do the task for free, should give us a full written explanation of why that nekro thread was deleted!! A user demands it!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

To recap this phenomena (again):

https://youtu.be/Q3LVijzZAe4
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

There are plenty of threads from yesteryear which remain so that doesn't hold water at all.
Thanks for (typically) not taking it seriously!

If it was harmless information, why remove it? It's quite a reasonable inquiry.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:16 pm https://youtu.be/Q3LVijzZAe4
This guy is NOT an authority on things. He has an opinion. Sometimes valid, other times not, like most folks.

You posting that video doesn't create discussion. The YT comments area is certainly not for sensible discourse.

CinningBao wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:53 pmpeople have difficulty dealing with ideas beyond their domain
… and there you have it.

farlukar wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:23 pm
CinningBao wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:53 pmpeople have difficulty dealing with ideas beyond their domain
… and there you have it.
Is it a more prevalent problem than I initially believed? I had really hoped that people _could_ converse about something ready to consider new thoughts and opinions, without presenting their views as perfection, but you could well be right.

That's a depressing thought. No wonder <insert you're own miserable societal observation here>

My expectations are lower than ever

You start a thread moaning a previous thread had been deleted, demanding an explanation. Then you moan again that folks don’t reply with rational, informed debate, to your liking. Mate, c’mon. You’ve not put forward a single viewpoint either.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

It was a useful resource, and I don't appreciate useful resources being deleted. Fair enough, it _is_ only one thread on a site of people arguing about product licensing and GAS issues, which doesn't give it much credence, I grant you.

But useful conversations remain useful conversations and resources.. I just don't see the point in removing it.

CinningBao wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:30 pm
farlukar wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:23 pm
… and there you have it.
Is it a more prevalent problem than I initially believed? I had really hoped that people _could_ converse about something ready to consider new thoughts and opinions, without presenting their views as perfection, but you could well be right.

That's a depressing thought. No wonder <insert you're own miserable societal observation here>

My expectations are lower than ever
“How DARE these people suggest it's merely a pitch shift placebo”

A second is an arbitrary amount of time. Slapping numerology on it doesn't change that. There's nothing special about any frequency, so I'd say complaining about “people have difficulty dealing with ideas beyond their domain” is kind of ironic, and not in the Alanis sense.

[edit]

There are enough other threads with EXTREMELY useful information like this

im not convinced by the argument that a mod must have deleted it solely because someone asked them to remove some mystical pseudoscience. and im not so keen on the attached implication that kvr membership should, for some reason, be obliged to 'respect' any random woowoo. context inherent to the 'ideas beyond their domain' comment though, does kinda entire underline the whole thesis, basically reads like self-righteous self-aggrandisement... which is, it has to be said an unfortunate commonality of this sort of thing.
but well, we do know we get a lot of super special enlightened folk who think they're beyond the domain round here. though im sure its only them that is surprised at the collective histamine reaction they manage to provoke...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

it transcended this plane of existence :)

ommmmmmmmmmmygod!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

CinningBao wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:53 pm You're probably better off not answering since someone will come and tell you you're wrong anyways
So it would appear... :shrug:
CinningBao wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:20 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:16 pm https://youtu.be/Q3LVijzZAe4
This guy is NOT an authority on things. He has an opinion. Sometimes valid, other times not, like most folks.

You posting that video doesn't create discussion. The YT comments area is certainly not for sensible discourse.
{aside} ... Having noticed years ago that for reasons unknown to me, numerous sites no longer had the particular "resources" I had bookmarked the page for, or the page/site had disappeared completely, so I started making a habit of printing the page(s) and links that I was interested in, for my personal archives. [2c]
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

For those interested in the “useful resource”, here's google's cache of page 1

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”