d16 SigMund v 2 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://d16.pl/sigmund

What do you think ?

What is so unique about it as to justify yet another delay to the already to crowded collection ?

What can it do that no other delay can do ?
HM

The discussion is here: viewtopic.php?t=389758

plexuss wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pm The discussion is here: viewtopic.php?t=389758
Nah ,.. I agree with zvenx ,.. a new thread would be better

(if any substantial activity at all that is)
zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:33 pm I think this is in actuality as the title says the v1 thread.
Maybe someone needs to start a new v2 thread.
rsp
HM

I'm throwing €19 at it. Bought v1 second hand, never used yet.
It will have to stick in my mind as a go-to sound design/shaper/creative tool (that's the cool part about it i think, the delay part is covered) :-)
Last edited by Hettoblaster on Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HM wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:28 pm https://d16.pl/sigmund

What do you think ?

What is so unique about it as to justify yet another delay to the already to crowded collection ?

I owned version 1. Not my cup of tea. I don't need such complex units.

If I had v1, the upgrade would have been a no-brainer. It still might be at $59, which is a great price for a D16 product with that many features, but I'm already drowning in delays...drowning in delays...drowning in delays...drowning in delays...
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

ANY delay triggers my attention, though I have tons of 'em.

*off for testing da new version*

elassi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:58 pm ANY delay triggers my attention, though I have tons of 'em.

*off for testing da new version*
Same with me, it's just that I try to controll my GAS 🙂
HM

I bought v1 when i already had two of their (silverline?) plugins which were VST3 assuming this one was also VST3. It didn't look that old to be only VST2. At the time VST3 was already over 10 years old. So i never used it.

I can't say i have much fun paying for a VST3 version just to be able to use it. Free or half the price would have been more sensible. Many other companies don't charge for VST3 versions. It starts to look a bit like milking exisiting customers with all these updates.

I think I will pass as my delay needs are welk covered by MFM2, Timeless 3, Repeater and Melda stuff. I wide not do such complicated stuff in the near future anyway.

HM wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:28 pm https://d16.pl/sigmund

What do you think ?

It's kind of a powerhouse. More like a delay based multieffect.

You have filters, distortion, compression and delay with four modulators and various routing options.

Like if you have them in series you can making pretty convincing reverbs.

You can also do phasing, chorusing, distortion, m/s effects etc.

Nice big interface that's easy to move around, sounds great and a whole bunch of very good presets.

I also don't get the "complicated" thing.

It's complex (ie. capable of elaborate processing) but not difficult or obtuse to use.

I like it a lot.

The guy in vid #2 doesn't know what he's doing ... tsstsss

So it's more of a rhythmic filter/delay and distortion multieffect. Can it do anything that Rift 2 or Triad can't do? Might be worth 19 euro for the presets I guess, though they seem oriented towards the "apply rhythmically modulated effects to transform drum loops into something 'original'" approach to production.

HM wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:28 pm What is so unique about it as to justify yet another delay to the already to crowded collection ?

what has been pointed out for me in another thread:
There are very few Delays which have a independent pre-Delay setting plus then afterwards a main Delay.
The feedback setting only affecting the main Delay but not the pre-Delay.

But this one has 4 "such" Delay lines in parallel from what i gather.

Return to “Effects”