Tracktion Waveform 13

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Watchful wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:08 pm
summer2000 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:11 pm Does any know how long the current sale to purchase a new license for Waveform 13 will last? Currently I can get a license through JRRshop for $100.30 using "group" as a discount code. Anyone seen it cheaper elsewhere? Also does Tracktion offer any crossgrade discounts?
I believe the sale goes to April 8th. JRR isn't offering a better deal than Tracktion, at the moment--if you have any Tracktion cash saved up from prior purchases. It's the same deal either way, but going through Tracktion could be faster for you since you're activating right on the official site.

Tracktion doesn't offer crossgrades, but contacting them could prove me wrong. They've done some nice favors for me in the past.
Thanks for the info. I did reach out to Tracktion support to see if they can offer a better discount. Waiting on a response.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

BrokenTrance wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:17 pm Registered on their site. Installed the demo. Uninstalled 5 minutes later and deleted the account. I am happy with Ableton. Just more my kind of thing. YMMV.
That’s what happens to me every time I try Ableton! And Reaper.

Studio One and Waveform just make sense to me.

jens wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:53 pm
Watchful wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:32 pm It would be either Dave or FigBug.
Yes, it's from Roland (FigBug) indeed:

https://socalabs.com/synths/wavetable/

It's basically just the typical thing they do @Tracktion HQ in that they bundle plugins that are already available for free with slight alterations...

edit: ah, operandx beat me to it.
Yes, I (mostly) developed this synth. It's my free synth + some goodies that were in the Tracktion toolbox. The Waveform version has some significant changes including: multi stage envelope generators, second filter, new envelopes (with curve), new reverb, 4 new distortions, arpeggiator, macros, more fx (eq, comp, limiter), undo/redo, different wavetables, professionally designed presets. It's a lot more than just a new skin.

Well, congratulations, because it seems to be a big hit. I haven't had time to start using it, but from what I've seen, it's extremely cool. Nice work.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

FigBug wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:54 pm
jens wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:53 pm
Watchful wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:32 pm It would be either Dave or FigBug.
Yes, it's from Roland (FigBug) indeed:

https://socalabs.com/synths/wavetable/

It's basically just the typical thing they do @Tracktion HQ in that they bundle plugins that are already available for free with slight alterations...

edit: ah, operandx beat me to it.
Yes, I (mostly) developed this synth. It's my free synth + some goodies that were in the Tracktion toolbox. The Waveform version has some significant changes including: multi stage envelope generators, second filter, new envelopes (with curve), new reverb, 4 new distortions, arpeggiator, macros, more fx (eq, comp, limiter), undo/redo, different wavetables, professionally designed presets. It's a lot more than just a new skin.
It's a really nice synth. Thanks for your work on this; it's a great addition to Waveform 13.

Is it only for use in Waveform 13 though? I can't seem to find it in Bitwig. Is it listed under another developer? Can the freeware version be installed alongside the Tracktion version without a problem?
Last edited by dlandis on Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

dlandis wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:26 am Is it only for use in Waveform 13 though? I can't seem to find it in Bitwig. Is it listed under another developer?
The version that comes with Waveform can only be used in Waveform.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:34 am
dlandis wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:26 am Is it only for use in Waveform 13 though? I can't seem to find it in Bitwig. Is it listed under another developer?
The version that comes with Waveform can only be used in Waveform.
Thanks for the clarification; can the freeware version be installed alongside the Tracktion version without a hassle?

I'm pretty sure I had both running without trouble before I uninstalled the freeware version. No extensive testing, though. Just both running at the same time.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:50 am I'm pretty sure I had both running without trouble before I uninstalled the freeware version. No extensive testing, though. Just both running at the same time.
Thanks much!

I worked all day in Waveform 13 both Friday and Saturday and I have to say... This is the most stable Tracktion/Waveform has been for me maybe ever. It's funny I don't even have much need for the new features personally but I'm so happy to have the software working without issues that I'm more than satisfied with this release. Seems like a lot of work was done under the hood. Well done on this one Tracktion team!
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jjpscott01 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:46 pm I worked all day in Waveform 13 both Friday and Saturday
Words I wish could be able to write.
You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

How is Tracktion these days? I've always liked it, but it was unstable back in the day.
For Trade: UAD Galaxy Tape Echo redeem code. DM me with trade offer.

This version does seem a lot more stable, but the extra features are bolted on, and the UI colouring is horrible.
Duh

I demo'ed it and bought it - very happy with it.
What I don't like may seem very trivial but here goes: the six icons at the top right hand corner of the screen look like an after-thought and lack style. They need to be square/rectangular, not round. The large icons at the bottom left of the screen also need polishing up to look more slick. Finally, the icons at the side of the matrix session view screen are too small and narrow, they too need to be smartened up.
Generally, I love the Waveform interface and the workflow - it's cozy and welcoming, in contrast to the clinical precision of the Ableton Live interface.

To sum up, a great DAW but just needs tidying up at the edges little.

bungle wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:01 am the UI colouring is horrible.
The new UI color options in WF 13 are a great feature and have allowed me to construct a personal theme that is perfectly comfortable and completely pleasing to my eyes. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”