UPDATED: Zynaptiq Morph3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As has been mentioned here already. The kyma style additive resynthesis with morphing can be done with alchemy with pretty decent results. The biggest trick is to set the pitches of the A B C and D sources so that the morphing properly moves to the fundamental of each sound (when importing the audio just use the fundamental that alchemy detects and set the pitch offset of each sound accordingly).

So back to morph 3. Are there any decent technical descriptions of the new algorithms? I've found morph 2 does great when morphing between sounds that are related in rhythm and pitch but drastically different in timbre. Having 4 different people sing the same part and morphine between them sounds great or morphing between a synthetic drum kit and a live kit that are both playing the same thing. You can get cool effects morphing between a reverb return and a delay return or any other set of send FX that will occupy the same time space. I also used it a few times to morph between a dry signal and a massively processed version of the same vocal. I guess I'll go read the new manual and see what's going on in the new version and whether it's worth some money.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Descriptions of the M3 algos:

CLASSIC: Ported from MORPH V2 with obsessive attention to detail, CLASSIC creates a morphed hybrid of both signals that tracks their spectral shape and recombines them in a special structural domain, using a neural network to determine the amount of both sounds in the output.

CLASSIC (Low Latency): This MORPH 2 algorithm is essentially the CLASSIC algorithm operating at a smaller time scale. This results in a more detailed transient reproduction, but a more broad strokes approach to the frequency peaks. As the name implies, CLASSIC LL has a lower algorithmic latency.

TIGHT: This MORPH 2 algorithm creates a compact representation of the frequency domain magnitudes of both sounds, and interpolates between them, whilst keeping timing information intact. Or in other words: it does some spectral processing magic. This mode features a comparatively low latency and, as the name implies, produces a sound that is well-defined in time.

INTERWEAVE (Low Latency): This MORPH 2 algorithm is essentially the INTERWEAVE V2 algorithm operating at a smaller time scale. This results in a more detailed transient reproduction, but a more broad strokes approach to the frequency peaks. As the name implies, INTERWEAVE LL has a lower algorithmic latency.

INTERWEAVE V2: This MORPH 2’s algorithm combines both sounds by interweaving their complex valued frequency domain shapes. It can sound very smooth on complex material.

NEW
INTERWEAVE V3: An evolution of MORPH 2’s INTERWEAVE algorithm, this algorithm combines both sounds by interweaving their complex valued frequency domain shapes. V3 has reduced harmonic distortion and preserves details of both inputs precisely, while still producing a smooth sound.

IMPRINT SMOOTH: This MORPH 3 algorithm has zero latency, and uses lots of very high quality minimum phase filters to create intermediate representations of both inputs and imprint the spectral shape of one onto the other. It preserves transients well, and works well with one input with a detailed time resolution, and one with a more diffuse character. Due to the topology of the algorithm, the morphing transition may not be as smooth across the whole range of the X/Y as with other algorithms, and some of the A and B signals may “bleed” into the output.

IMPRINT CRYSTAL: This MORPH 3 algorithm uses the same core topology as IMPRINT SMOOTH, but is tuned very differently for an even tighter transient response of the morphed sound. It is very effective on sounds with strong dynamics and sharp attacks, such as drums, avalanches, rocks or smashed objects. Since it is zero latency it is also a good choice for live environments, when testing sounds with a live input, or when performing on stage.

ENHARMONIC: In simple terms, this algorithm morphs the two inputs by choosing the harmonics with the higher amplitude for the combined representation. A patent pending algorithm on top of that allows sub-sets of the original inputs to permeate through this morph - we call this process OSMOSIS. Using two synchronized music inputs and the OSMOSIS parameter set to a suitable value, this can be used to create an instant remix of both, perfectly preserving all the important features of each input. For complex material like ambiences and SFX, OSMOSIS can pass the most important signal features straight to the output for a photo-realistic result.

PRO ONLY
FUSION: This MORPH 3 algorithm creates a detailed representation from the frequency domain magnitudes of both sounds and fuses those representations with exceptional clarity right up to the nyquist frequency. Because of the high detail, its output sounds very coherent and focused.

SONANCE: The MORPH 3 algorithm SONANCE uses two huge, high Q-factor minimum phase bandpass filter banks to create the morphing. These filters are designed to resonate in a very musical way. Due to the high number of filters used, SONANCE can sometimes almost sound like a reverb. If you’re looking for smooth, textural and ambient results: this is the one for you.

Funky40 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm
jules99 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm I haven't been able to find a manual
at least, you can find it from: open plugin, click the Zynaptic logo, there- click "documentation" ;)
So, there is definitly one around.
This does not work, unfortunately. When I click "Documentation", nothing happens. Could anyone post a link to Morph 3's manual, pretty please? :hail:

jules99 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:53 pm Could anyone post a link to Morph 3's manual, pretty please? :hail:
ahh, its just a quick start guide.
It´s inclouded as a PDF in the installation file. Unzip, and its there

Ahhh, that's what you were referring to! I thought there would be a 60+ manual, just like for Morph 2. But this one will do for now, thank you!

I have an unregistered Morph 2 license which I was in two minds on whether to keep.
With version 3 now out, that might be enough to push me to keep it.
Has anyone here registered a version 2 license since they announced version 3 and what was the upgrade price?
Not sure if they have a grace period based on when you register or on when you buy!

agharta wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:45 pm I have an unregistered Morph 2 license which I was in two minds on whether to keep.
Has anyone here registered a version 2 license since they announced version 3 and what was the upgrade price?
Not sure if they have a grace period based on when you register or on when you buy!
I have. It costed me 70 or so euros to upgrade to Morph 3 Pro.

In love with the new algorithms, but even 3.0.1 is pretty damn unstable. Crashes 12 almost every time I try to render something.

klovn wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:09 pm
agharta wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:45 pm I have an unregistered Morph 2 license which I was in two minds on whether to keep.
Thanks. When did you buy Morph 2 and when did you register it?

The world has long been waiting for the answer to the question: how does audio-morphing Tuvan throat singing with a tractor engine sound? Here is the answer…

https://youtu.be/Vy_Sh8-KlAI

It does sound good.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

agharta wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:05 pm
klovn wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:09 pm
Thanks. When did you buy Morph 2 and when did you register it?
Maybe like a year ago? Or more, not sure. By the way, I have a spare, unregistered Morph 2 license for sale if anyone's interested. You can use it to upgrade to Morph 3 Pro for 70 euros. Just send me a DM with an offer.
Last edited by klovn on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT: DOUBLE POST

Audio-morphing two layered frame drum loops and a synth sequencer with Zynaptiq Morph 3 using the Interweave V3 algorithm.
https://youtu.be/XCEKZ47qi04

Zynaptiq MORPH 3 PRO: Transforming Drums Using the MODELER.

https://youtu.be/Bw8-HuVh2Pk?si=cWmlv2wW9HYmbxvy

Return to “Effects”