Arturia _Augmented YANGTZE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IvyBirds wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:19 pm
davidka wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:19 am I think there's a huge room and growing interest for augmented world instruments....I believe it is not too late to change the infrastructure to one central plugin if they plan with the augmented series for the long term.
I wish Arturia would do with Augmented what Korg does with their M1 plugin. All of the sample and patch content that was originally sold on separate cards is there as separate libraries that you just click on and use
Triton is like that also.

Anyone know how long this special bundle price is going to last?

Ends May 16

Examigan wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:43 pm
IvyBirds wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:19 pm
davidka wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:19 am I think there's a huge room and growing interest for augmented world instruments....I believe it is not too late to change the infrastructure to one central plugin if they plan with the augmented series for the long term.
I wish Arturia would do with Augmented what Korg does with their M1 plugin. All of the sample and patch content that was originally sold on separate cards is there as separate libraries that you just click on and use
Triton is like that also.
Yes, I also think that it's a good idea. Leaves room for expansions, but it doesn't get into the way. One of the reasons I am so excited about Yangtze is that it incorporates samples which have not been so widely used before, and it has many many cool explorative presets. I believe interesting sounds can come out if other world instruments get a similar treatment. Finally, not the same Steinway Grand everyone releases year by year.

Personally I love Augmented series of instruments and for only $29 dollars it was no brainer purchase :)

Bad timing ... Native American & Amazon series would be fab ... :party: - this one ... no no ...
reselling this one will fail ...
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:36 pm
Actually it (almost) is.

I think a range of augmented world instruments would be great. Something that can do a hybrid of real and synthesis in different musical flavours around the world would be brilliant for TV / Film / Game use, more interesting to me than the basics in the rest of the Augmented range.

New sonic territory for Arturia. I love vintage synths, but at this point I can't get excited by yet another re-creation.
I'm with you. Bowed Asian instruments are some of my favorites. Having said that, my problem with the whole Augmented series is that there's a kind of sameness from preset to preset and from instrument to instrument. The Yangtze is the first one to really tempt me, but that sameness is probably going to keep me from spending the money.

Augmented multi-layered sampler with an option to import your own samples is to be expected ;-) :idea: :hihi:
.. also allowing mix & matching all the augmented releases - why not..
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

papatomany wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:16 pm I'm with you. Bowed Asian instruments are some of my favorites. Having said that, my problem with the whole Augmented series is that there's a kind of sameness from preset to preset and from instrument to instrument. The Yangtze is the first one to really tempt me, but that sameness is probably going to keep me from spending the money.
I bought the piano used from KVR and have been underwhelmed by the presets.
Quantity over quality seems to be the approach with it having over 300.
The other thing that I noticed was that the knobs on the performance page often seemed to have little effect.
I did mark a few as favourites but got bored quite quickly.
I didn't have a good experience with the free Intro version of Strings either.
This sounds more interesting as does the woodwinds but not enough to spend $100 to upgrade to the bundle.
Once it is in the next V Collection, I expect to see these offloaded in the marketplace.

mdx4ever wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:11 pm Personally I love Augmented series of instruments and for only $29 dollars it was no brainer purchase :)
What did you own from Arturia to get this discount? I have every other augmented instrument from them and get no discount, which is really disappointing...

davidka wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:35 am One of the reasons I am so excited about Yangtze is that it incorporates samples which have not been so widely used before, and it has many many cool explorative presets. I believe interesting sounds can come out if other world instruments get a similar treatment. Finally, not the same Steinway Grand everyone releases year by year.
I am 100% with you there. Years ago Spectrasonics came out with their "Heart of Asia" Sample CD with a lot of similar samples.They actually had several of such CDs of world instruments. The Africa one is also fabulous

All of those samples are now included as part of the Omnisphere sample library FWIW

But I 100% agree the last thing we need is another Piano Sample Library, or 808 and 909 samples, or yet another Jupiter 8 plugin

I have often thought that Arturia would do really well to make their own sample based synth called "Sample Lab". With it you would choose between the "modern" sampler engine from Pigments, or any of the Classic Sampler Engines from CMI, Synclavier, and E-II, pick any filter you want, and have it come with the sample libraries from all their samplers, plus the raw samples from Augmented. They could then market new libraries. Low hanging fruit is sampled presets from their other instruments

Thymos wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:56 pm
mdx4ever wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:11 pm Personally I love Augmented series of instruments and for only $29 dollars it was no brainer purchase :)
What did you own from Arturia to get this discount? I have every other augmented instrument from them and get no discount, which is really disappointing...
I jumped onboard Arturia with V-Collection 5 and was updating it ever since, sometimes purchasing their instruments before they been implemented into next V-Collection version.
Currently sitting on V-Collection X plus everything they released including Pigments.
The only thing I don't own is Arturias FX.

V-collection from 4 to 7, fx collection 4, a couple of controllers and a few single... my upgrade price €99.

gaf_thit wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:29 am V-collection from 4 to 7, fx collection 4, a couple of controllers and a few single... my upgrade price €99.
Sounds about right - you’re still with 3 year old V-Collection ver 7
That will not give you any discount at all :(

It's the first Arturia's intrument that is tempting for me. I already have a good collection of asian intruments (from NI and Evolution Series) but they are not MPE, and it quite difficult to find good sampled MPE intruments. I'm loading the demo, to see if the sound is good enough (but the samples are from Evolution Series so that can't be bad IMO).

Return to “Instruments”