The Worst Song Of All Time - Official

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:24 pm
clueless wrote:
nuffink wrote:Not as bad as Kaylee.
nuffink? do YOU remember dancing in stilettos in the snow?

..is it to late to say I'm sorry?

f**king excrable song. :x
i know im dredging history here, but kayleigh is almost genius in comparison to lavender ..

lavenders blues dilly dilly
lavenders green dilly dilly
when i am king, you will be queen.

even chaucer eyerolled!

WAP

Googly Smythe wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:41 pm WAP
is that a song? or a band?
is it even a word?

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:25 pm
Googly Smythe wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:41 pm WAP
is that a song? or a band?
is it even a word?
400,000,000 views. :dog:
https://youtu.be/hsm4poTWjMs

And the lyric version...
https://youtu.be/VsMtWqWNJbw

well damn :(
sadly pootube won't let me watch it without logging in to pootube, and if i do, it gets a click!

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:50 pm well damn :(
sadly pootube won't let me watch it without logging in to pootube, and if i do, it gets a click!
And some white sticky in your pants. :lol:

Daimonicon wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:05 pm
:o
is it that good?

Depends on frequency and amplitude, I suppose.

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:05 am
Daimonicon wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:05 pm
:o
is it that good?
Try it and you will like it. :hihi:

the worst things to me are things I wouldn't know the names of, not very old things either.
monotonous, lame af melody with annoying tendency to land on Re/the entire modus operandi for tension & release being this delayed Re-Do in babyass major (key of C, 120BPM you know that's right), photocopying the last thing exactly with all the attributes in place because it simply has to, autotune up the yinyang... infantalizing complete

The BBC poll and list of ”winners” from 2004 was strange. Ob-la-di Ob-la-da was kind of opportunistic choice. The song is great in its genre (light pop tunes), well performed. Because Lennon didn’t like it and was frustrated because of huge number of take-outs of the song, many people think they should dislike it, too. The group Marmalade’s very faithful to the original version single was #1 in three weeks in Brit chart.

What comes to the Fog on the Tyne, don’t know about the. Gascoigne's version, but the original by Lindisfarne, as the album of the same name, belongs in my records the top 50 best ever made records. Maybe the best Folk Rock LP ever made.

Any randomly taken 1000 rap song, on the other hand, belong to the darkest scheisse of the musical sludge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3998301.stm

i could give a shit about what John Lennon thought. He had some moments, but the worship trip, nah.

I'm not trying to call out an entire kind of music but the thing I'm talking about is on 'urban radio' and probably somewhere under the hiphop umbrella.
but the romantic kind of iteration of that with a tune. Irritating in the extreme, entirely mannered, nothing there but the cookie cutter. Rap I wouldn't have that kind of problem with, having no melody to worry about. Some is more rhythmically interesting than others.

yeah i don't care what he thought, but if he didn't like obladi oblada, i can agree with him there :hihi:

"good light pop tune" or, hear me out harry, "terrible calypso pop song" :shrug:

fog on the tyne, is the same song, but with gazza being "fun drunk geordie bloke man" as oppose to "giving police murderers on the run kfc bloke man" and iirc, a drum machine.

I find it a very good song, songcraft-wise. it's not the 'hippest' thing they ever did. There are a million earwigs it's preferable to now that I have it in my head. which I can replace quickly enough I'm sure, by focusing on something else.
search for 'rejected lennon songs, beatles' some time if you want to hear some truly dodgy songwriting

jancivil wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:47 pm I find it a very good song, songcraft-wise. it's not the 'hippest' thing they every did.
search for 'rejected lennon songs, beatles' some time if you want to hear some truly bad songwriting
i can't be objective regards certain beatles songs sorry
having to sing them in school assembly, repeatedly for years, with "dance moves" which involved bouncing at the knee, in time to miss yeoman banging away at an out of tune upright, will have that effect

obla...
yellow sub
when im 64.
f**king painful to hear.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”