CS-80V Feature Request

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:!: :!:

1. Sustain II mode (play solos while a chord is sustaining at the same time, the sust stops to the next chord)
2. External Input for Modulations (as on the Original CS-80)
3. Richer sounding VCOs (at least closer to the original)
4. New patch storage design (save one sound per synthesis line...BTW Xavier himself told me they're re-designing it)
5. Support for OSC protocol

CS-80V is a superstar of a softsynth...with these improvements it may become a legend! :love: :love:

Max

Wouldnt you be better making a feature request direclty to Arturia rather than here? There's no company forum for them here.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Right.When Arturia forum will work I'll surely send it.In the mean time, knowing there are some of their developers in rounds I post it there;also it would be nice if anyone could add his voice to mine about my fr .
Cheerz
Max

omissis wrote:1. Sustain II mode (play solos while a chord is sustaining at the same time, the sust stops to the next chord)
Not sure what you mean. Sustenuto?
?????????????

I agree with Omissis:
The modification of the oscillators itself would make it a legend. I`m sure ARTURIA can do it!
Play it loud!!!!

Don't know if the word "sostenuto" could fit my description...I know this was a unique feature of the hardware synth ;quoting from Synthmuseum.com
The sustain selector switches between two types of sustain (which is not "sustain" as we know it, but rather affects envelope release). The first setting (I) lets a note decay normally. What is very cool is the second (II) sustain mode . In most synths, you can't have a long release on a polyphonic lead sound because you end up with a blur of notes. In sustain mode II hitting a new key, after letting go of all keys, kills sustaining notes. This lets you play sustained chords and leads together, an effect unknown to any other synth. Sustain can also be turned off and on via a foot-switch (much like a piano's sustain pedal).
Cheers
Max

Hello everybody,

I do read everything which is said here, and update the wish list in consequence. Unfortunately, I have no time for discuss these features right now, as I'm quite busy finishing the ARP2600 V. The Arturia forum should be back within two weeks.

omissis wrote:I know this was a unique feature of the hardware synth ;quoting from Synthmuseum.com
The sustain selector switches between two types of sustain (which is not "sustain" as we know it, but rather affects envelope release). The first setting (I) lets a note decay normally. What is very cool is the second (II) sustain mode . In most synths, you can't have a long release on a polyphonic lead sound because you end up with a blur of notes. In sustain mode II hitting a new key, after letting go of all keys, kills sustaining notes. This lets you play sustained chords and leads together, an effect unknown to any other synth. Sustain can also be turned off and on via a foot-switch (much like a piano's sustain pedal).
Well, that's exactly what the Sustain Mode switch does on the CS-80V. :)

I was just not sure what you meant by "the sust stops to the next chord". And you can't really play solos while you hold a chord. That's what sustenuto would deliver.
omissis wrote:
Don't know if the word "sostenuto" could fit my description...
Sustenuto works a little bit different: All the notes that are held at the time you press the sustenuto pedal will sustain as long as the pedal is pressed, while notes that you play after you press the sustenuto pedal will not sustain. Reserved controller for sustenuto is cc#65.

The CS-80's 2nd sustain mode in comparisson is rather a note latch mode with adjustable "sustain decay" (release) time.
?????????????

Well, that's exactly what the Sustain Mode switch does on the CS-80V.
Thanks dr.wackler :) , was just bad acknowledged of this..I'm saving money to buy me a CS-80V to make it my main machine (after the dismiss of my beloved JX-10) and I wish it can come close to the behaviour of the old keyboard.

BTW Xavier thanks for your care, I've already submitted my questions to you by pm and you've been very kind...I'm waiting for the vcos upgrades!In the mean time I'll save my money for an actual copy of CS-80V

Cheers
Max

just an update for Xavier and the CS-80V team, wish it can be useful!

1. More faithful VCO -> WSC architecture with CS saw (basically a saw with a little pulse on it):it does mean also MORE CPU EFFICIENCY

(see http://www.cs80.com/vco.html for details)

2. On Matrix: Controls to RingMod Level, Speed ,Depth and AR

3. External input as SubOsc waveform (as on the original)

4. Patch storage re-design

5. Single mode Micro-tuning

Cheers
Max

Me again

It would be useful to add some more keyboard shortcuts, f.e. the ability to assign the "factory presets" ( those on the panel) any qwerty key , to select a sound " on the fly" while playing !

Cheers
Max

Another FR

PLEASE REMOVE THE AUDIBLE STEPPING IN THE RINGMOD SPEED! IT TAKES THE FEELING AWAY!

PLEASE REDESIGN THE MODULATOR WAVE: IT IS SUPPOSED IT IS A SINE BUT IN FACTS IT WAS A PARABOLIC ON THE ORIGINAL!!

AND PLEASE PUT A RAW SPRING RETURN ON THE RIBBON AS ON THE ORIGINAL !!

Sincerely
Max

A great synth, first of all!

I add my "vote" to the request of a better patch storage.
I've also noticed some "digital clips" tweaking the delay controls. Is it normal?
Last thing: changing from a preset to another sometimes produces a volume "peak". Definitely not enjoyable!
Apple Powermac G5 2.0 DUAL, 2GB RAM, RME MULTIFACE PCI, LOGIC PRO 7, UAD-1

Better storage means to save one patch for synthesis line!
Max

And a cupholder like the original!

Return to “Instruments”