GoldWave

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GoldWave

I was reading the fav audio editor thread and noticing the range of programs people use...have people here even tried GoldWave?

www.goldwave.com

www.goldwave.com/features.php

it has to be one of the the most powerful/flexible editors avaliable and you can demo it free for a very long time before you are asked to register for about $45.

It's a steal.

Carb.

It's slow and has issues with dx plugs

I think that Goldwave is quite marvellous now :D !! I use Kristal and, er thingy :oops: (whats it called? )[1], for audio processing, but have demo'd Goldwave many times. Need to buy it at some point as it is very very good and costs not very much at all :D

[1] audacity, just seen it in me music shortcuts folder
Phil

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake
*No more band for me* | **My Host**

I demo'ed it for six months until it timed out at something like 35,000 uses. Clearly I had to buy itif I was using it that much!

Its a good general wave editor I reccomend it. BTW I had slowness issues with previous versions but it seems to be really quick now. I did try a dx plug in once don't recall if it worked or not but who cares its not the type of thing I need really.

I love it for reducing noise on mp3 clips. I open it right from fruity with my sample loaded and ready to edit Too Cool!
Original Site: http://www.thetheoryofone.com

New site: Image

One wrote: I did try a dx plug in once don't recall if it worked or not but who cares its not the type of thing I need really.
I use Oberhim pitch correction plug in it (based on the Anteres technology) and it works perfectly.

Carb.

I've used Goldwave for a long time now, very happy with it :D But then, I'm not a 'power user', it does everything I want/need with ease.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

Ian B wrote:I've used Goldwave for a long time now
Me, too.

I have been forced to use this program because some of my colleagues worked with it. I'm pretty familiar with it. Personally, I can't stand it. However, I’m used to using wavelab.

I think that its certain annoying aspects of the GUI that drive me nuts. Beyond that, its a fairly decent program.

I started using goldwave about 6 years ago, until I found about Cool edit. I demoed both of them, but at the end I ended up investing in Cool Edit 2000. Goldwave is great and is very cheap tho, and at the time it did everything I needed it to do. A few years after, even Cool Edit 2000 fell short and I had to upgrade to Pro, and now I got Audition. NOne the less, I'm gonna download a Goldwave demo right now to see whats new, and maybe it will steal my heart back again. :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”