Sights and sounds from NAMM

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.hhaynes.com/gallery/
The pictures were taken with a crappy PDA camera, so don't expect more than a simple "taste" of the happenings on the NAMM show floor.

Sounds to come later - after cleanup (if possible) and upload.
Houston Haynes

Cool pix! Thanks. Those Steinberg dolls are hilarious :lol: . If they had those back when I used Cubase I might have kept using it.

hey man,
im just preparing my namm report too. i like that photo gallery i wish i could use the same "engine" for displaying my 150 photos. i dont think all of them will be shown. i'd say 30 percent of my photos turned out horribly, 50 percent are average, and the last 20 percent are awesome. one day we will have glasses that have cameras built in. then we will snap everything we see in the day.

i see you snapped one of Roy Wooten(aka futureman) playing DFH as well and i saw that girl with the shirt ask for a massage too!

great pics. do you have any stories from the weekend?

AD80 wrote:Cool pix! Thanks. Those Steinberg dolls are hilarious :lol: . If they had those back when I used Cubase I might have kept using it.
why wouldnt you keep using cubase? it's so good!

Mr. Tunes wrote:great pics. do you have any stories from the weekend?
Thanks - the Body Glove girls were very nice. Garritan's Stradavari Solo Violin and GPO Big Band blew people away. Jordan Rudess came by for a Strad demo and grabbed the keyboard and went nuts with it for a bit and made some real magic happen right off the bat. The players at the Arturia booth were also top-notch. Storm 3.0 took home a Remix award for best soft-synth workstation, which was a nice surprise for everyone.

It was way too loud there. :( I had an SPL meter that read a steady 92dBm (C-weighted) throughout the show. Yikes.
Houston Haynes

Mr. Tunes wrote:
why wouldnt you keep using cubase? it's so good!
Just found something that works better for me thats all. :)
I still want a steinberg doll tho!

Thanx for the pix Houston. Real sorry I missed out on the Body Glove girls. :x

No pix of Gary or Tom in there?

Thanks for the pics, but what's with the motorcycles? Thought you went to namm, not bike week :D
Jaap

HHaynes wrote:
Mr. Tunes wrote: The players at the Arturia booth were also top-notch.

It was way too loud there. :( I had an SPL meter that read a steady 92dBm (C-weighted) throughout the show. Yikes.
yeah those guys came by IK a few times i forget their names cause there were so many of those powerhouse players. and it was too hard for me to grasp it all. i have pics of them playing amplitube 2, ampeg, and sonik synth 2

in general my ears were hurting walking around. i dont want to name any names but i know IK we made an effort to keep it low, and some other booths in our area were not being very respectful.

and unfortunately i did not get to see the garritan booth or arturia this year. but miroslav by IK/SR is looking really great!

Mental Audio Deviations wrote:Thanks for the pics, but what's with the motorcycles? Thought you went to namm, not bike week :D
That was the Ernie Ball booth - very well done... to me it spoke of "craftsmanship with balls"... ;)
Houston Haynes

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”