WS Owner not very tempted by cross grade price...

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Honestly, I'm not super excited about buying a soundset that costs more than the synth.

I think MS is a great deal for new buyers, but to me as a WS owner, I'm not tempted by the soundset,even at the special price.

Just thought I would drop my .02 cents.

Well...
It's not for you then ..

BTW - It doesn't cost more than WusikStation .. WusikStation is regularly supposed to be $99.00, and has 400 meg of Data specializing in Synth Sounds.
If you got it in the group buy for less ...then you got one heck of a deal.
This has 1.5 gig with some Multisampled Real sounds as well as Classic MultiSampled Hardware Synths in 24 bit.
Different Animals.
Thanks for your comments though, but the majority of people taking part in the prebuy are Wusik Crossgrades.

Paul

kodama wrote:Honestly, I'm not super excited about buying a soundset that costs more than the synth.

I think MS is a great deal for new buyers, but to me as a WS owner, I'm not tempted by the soundset,even at the special price.
I think it's a matter of mindset. I drink whiskey from glasses that are less expensive than the whiskey, and I drink wine from glasses that are more expensive than my wine... Neither of this bothers me.

You should think of a soundset as being a seperate product, especially when it's a set of samples. e.g. compare some of the giga soundsets, like the EWQL Gold ($1000) or platinum ($1000 per instrument) series. Or even the Sampletank sets, for $80+, where Sampletank LE is free.

As I said, it's a matter of mindset. (btw, I'm in no way affiliated to Manytone or Wusik. Only to Making More Possible :) )

--HansM

Im a Wusikstation owner, Im looking at this as a soundset that just happens to come with a synth included. Ive checked the sample set list on the website and it seems as far as I can tell to have enough extra to warrant me buying, in addition to owning Wusikstation. As always with sample content based products, there's an element of faith invloved, as I cant fully try out the sounds before buying. Manytone has a good reputation from what I know, but nothing is ever 100% guaranteed.

Could any beta testers or preset makers give their opinions on the samples included in this? Particulaly the accoustic/traditional instrument samples? As these would be my main reason for buying.

PS I've already listened to the demo's its sounds good from what I can tell. But I would find it more useful to hear demo's of playing across the key range and some playing showing off the articulations in the presets for individual patches, this would allow a more accurate, detailed demo of the sounds.

PPS Ill probably buy this (unless my car brakes down in the next week)

HansM wrote:
kodama wrote:Honestly, I'm not super excited about buying a soundset that costs more than the synth.

I think it's a matter of mindset. I drink whiskey from glasses that are less expensive than the whiskey, and I drink wine from glasses that are more expensive than my wine... Neither of this bothers me.

You should think of a soundset as being a seperate product, especially when it's a set of samples. e.g. compare some of the giga soundsets, like the EWQL Gold ($1000) or platinum ($1000 per instrument) series. Or even the Sampletank sets, for $80+, where Sampletank LE is free.

As I said, it's a matter of mindset. (btw, I'm in no way affiliated to Manytone or Wusik. Only to Making More Possible :) )

--HansM
Haha! i drink my whiskey straight from the bottle! :lol:
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Just thought I would drop my .02 cents.

I felt that way at 1st but there are 1.5 gigs of high quality sounds, but I guess it depends on what type of sounds your interested in. With 500 presets, some free manymores schedualed for the future it looks pretty attractive to me.
Nobody's a nobody...

Return to “Manytone Music”