Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:57 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:02 pm
pekbro wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:48 pm ^^ Dude you're doing pretty well in the having lots of cool stuff thing. :tu:
Its one of the upsides of being single, with grown up non-dependent kids. I can usually treat myself to some nice gear every few years. 8)
who knew tesco did synths? :hihi:
Oh yeah. Much better than those ones you find at Sainsburys. :hihi:

:lol:

this is no ordinary synth..
this is the m(and)s20...

:hihi:

I like the look of the Lidl Phatty I must say ...

:tu:
I fancied the All_D

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:02 pm
pekbro wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:48 pm ^^ Dude you're doing pretty well in the having lots of cool stuff thing. :tu:
Its one of the upsides of being single, with grown up non-dependent kids. I can usually treat myself to some nice gear every few years. 8)
For the non-single, its always Vacation vs Synth (or Vacation vs Synth+Single).

Winstontaneous wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:52 pm Is that a Korg RADIAS rack? Almost bought a RADIAS back in the day, always kinda wish I did.
It is indeed. It's a powerful synth with plenty of knobs and buttons to have fun with.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Iv'e had a few months of toning stuff down a bit and Iv'e finally ended up with a set up I feel comfy with. Got rid of around 4 synths leaving me with the 12 I need. Iv'e put a picture below of what I decided to keep. Been ordering some shelving too so as I can have everything along one wall.

I'll put the real pictures of the gear up in the next month or so but for now this will have to do. Everything will be triggered by the MPC X although most of these have their own sequencers it's just the way I work.

Gear:
  • Akai MPC X (The Hub)
    Polyend Medusa
    Behringer Crave
    Behringer TD-3 x3 (Blue - Red - Yellow)
    Behringer MS-1
    Behringer RD-8
    Novation Circuit Monostation x2
    Elektron Analog Rytm MKII
    Elektron Analog 4 MKII
    Arturia Keystep
    Faderfox MX12
    Faderfox PC12

Thinking about starting to slowly build a small modular system later on in the year when Iv'e done some research.
My only purchase in the near future will be the BOSS RV500 and DD500 but for now it'll be FX from my DAW.

New monitor installed and old one repurposed :hyper:

HawkEye is running in standalone mode so all audio from the PC is feeding into it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

things are looking up....

tabula rasa.
20200507_195917.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok. This is my actual Setup. I am using the first ThinkPad (with Traktor Pro) as a player for Drones and long, processed beats. I am using the Effects in Traktor for tweaking those sounds. Z1 is obviously acting as a soundcard + EQ and Filtering, the X1 is controlling the effects in Traktor. The sum goes into the ZEDi 10 Mixer. Beneath sits my beloved Volca Sample (filled with a custom 909 Sampleset + some clicks and cuts). The very small Behringer Xenyx 802 is only used for the Volca Sample and the Korg Mini Kaosspad 2S (the sum of the Volca is routed into this surprisingly good mini-fx machine) and routed back into the Xenyx-Mixer. The main out from the Mixer goes also into the ZEDi 10. Next are the Novation Circuit (mainly used for beats) and the Mono Station (which i still have to understand... :D)... Sums, as usual, into the ZEDi 10.

Next to the Mono Station sits my Audiointerface (Novation AudioHub 2x4). The other ThinkPad is equipped with Ableton Live Lite, which is controlled by the Launchpad Mk2 and the LaunchControl XL. I am using Ableton Live for playing back Loops and for the sounddesign with Cakewalks Rapture VSTi. This is the only installed Softsynth. Hell yeah, and the little thingymajingy is my "new", found dbx 166XL Compressor, Gate and Limiter. I am not sure where to put this, but i think, this could be the new companion for my Volca Sample... But first i have to solder the cables i need for this.

The other things in the background (the LUCAS P.A., for example), multicore, Stagebox etc. are not mine, they belong to our lockdowned Theatre here in Berlin. But hey, the TEDDY, sitting on the stagebox, IS indeed mine... :)

This is it. I hope, my English is not tooooo bad. As we say here in Germany: My English is under all pig! :D

Best regards, stay healthy and: Make some music!

ganym3d

P.S.: Yes, i have to edit my signature, it is not up to date...
Lenovo_L412_i5-520m_@_2.4GHz|8GB_RAM|120GB_SSD|128GB_extMemory|Win_7|Live_9.7.7|volca_sample|Novation_Launchpad_Mk2-Launch Control_XL_Mk2-Audiohub_2x4-Circuit|Kaoss_Pad_Mini_2S|Allen&Heath_ZEDi-10|various_PlugIns|Tab_A6|Mazetools_Soniface

vurt wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:00 pm things are looking up....

tabula rasa.

20200507_195917.jpg
Nice! Looks like you could stow a plant or maybe a bong on there as well if you wanted.
Did you see the thing where you can get a bracket to bolt two mantis's together? Of course
here your solving for the cartesian as well. :tu:

pekbro wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:39 am
vurt wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:00 pm things are looking up....

tabula rasa.

20200507_195917.jpg
Nice! Looks like you could stow a plant or maybe a bong on there as well if you wanted.
Did you see the thing where you can get a bracket to bolt two mantis's together? Of course
here your solving for the cartesian as well. :tu:
no liquid!!!

the cartesian will come down on to the table in front, the rene touch plates are useless up there.
leaving that shelf free for 2 more rows :o

have some old bits of a clothes rail, going to look in to a cable tidy using some of that!
or a tie rack :hihi:

top shelf is reserved for "murderers" :o

what's the red box, vurt?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:49 pm what's the red box, vurt?
little fake mini fridge, full of adapters.
think it had a vodka miniature in years back when kieran was a teen.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”