Albino or Zeta+ ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Albino 2 or Zeta + . Which is the best ?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:50 pm

Albino 2
43%
Zeta +
57%

Total votes: 86

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, i've just played a bit with the demo version of Zeta+. Are you kidding ?! Sounds awfull, too noisy for my taste, didn't even find any melodic presets. Perhaps has great features but i din't like its character.

I've tried Albino 2 too, and that's another story. Some presets are just amazing. I know we shouldn't judge synths for the presets, but i think they tell you quite a bit of the synth capabilities.

knoob wrote:Hey, i've just played a bit with the demo version of Zeta+. Are you kidding ?! Sounds awfull, too noisy for my taste, didn't even find any melodic presets. Perhaps has great features but i din't like its character.
Ha :uhuhuh: It is ace!! There are loads of melodic presets and it can create a huge palette of sounds
I've tried Albino 2 too, and that's another story. Some presets are just amazing. I know we shouldn't judge synths for the presets, but i think they tell you quite a bit of the synth capabilities.
Albino is excellent as well (just can afford both), plus the sounds are designed by a world-class sound designer.
Phil

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake
*No more band for me* | **My Host**

Albino is excellent as well (just can afford both), plus the sounds are designed by a world-class sound designer.
so, i might prefer to put my hands on Rob Papen's presets and tweak it at my taste, beacause i'm no experienced sound designer capable of creating so marvellous sounds

But then the Z3ta+ has some great mods as well :wink:
Phil

knoob wrote:
so, i might prefer to put my hands on Rob Papen's presets and tweak it at my taste, beacause i'm no experienced sound designer capable of creating so marvellous sounds
Don't forget to check out the Bigtone Soundbank for Albino. A little pricey but it's a huge bank and loaded with great sounds.
Image Image

That's it. I've downloaded a few songs made with presets from that bank and WOW!!! Simple amazing ! :love:

Get a hardware synth software sounds shit, especially the filters.

Robr wrote:Get a hardware synth software sounds shit, especially the filters.

cool, I will do that. Thank you for your informative remark. Would that be the emulated moog filter in the Access Virus OS that you are on about?
Phil

Albino is too soft, and zeta just sounds too samey for my liking these days, i havent used either in a long time :?

Kriminal wrote:Albino is too soft, and zeta just sounds too samey for my liking these days, i havent used either in a long time :?

:smack:

:wink:
Phil

polyslax wrote: Don't forget to check out the Bigtone Soundbank for Albino. A little pricey but it's a huge bank and loaded with great sounds.
There is also a Bigtone Zeta + bank as well. I've got both! :)

Albino or Zeta+ ?

Neither. I'm Caucasian. :)

Probably the biggest difference is patch quality. Rob Papen is a true pro, and the demo highlights his work. Also, I find the albino interface more intuitive and that is worth a lot.

Still, neither of these is my [current] favorite.

db wrote:
polyslax wrote: Don't forget to check out the Bigtone Soundbank for Albino. A little pricey but it's a huge bank and loaded with great sounds.
There is also a Bigtone Zeta + bank as well. I've got both! :)
Me2. Haven't yet got the 2nd BT Vanguard bank tho, you?
Image Image

polyslax wrote:
knoob wrote:
Don't forget to check out the Bigtone Soundbank for Albino. A little pricey but it's a huge bank and loaded with great sounds.
a little pricey is an understatement, more like a rip off.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”