Holy SH%T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wet myself

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Creamware announced a hardware Minimax and Prophet 5 emulations!!!! Wow.

MINIMAX ASB

Profit 5 ASB

I have them both in software and I love them! I definitely recommend them :) These CW emulations are definitely a class of their own
Last edited by Man-Machine on Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L8ter Oscill8ters!

Here's a link to the harmony central announcement:

http://messe.harmony-central.com/Musikm ... e-ASB.html

Great idea - I don't want no DSP card but this is SEXY!

I already have Minimonsta and Pro53 though, so this won't be for me...

will i never be rid of this vile addiction?

cptgone wrote:Great idea - I don't want no DSP card but this is SEXY!

I already have Minimonsta and Pro53 though, so this won't be for me...
I'm not trying to put down the Pro-53 or Minimonsta but these synths are sonically in a higher class. I have lots of analogue synths and also the softsynths you mentioned but now I'm a convert after listening to Creamware emulations. Their Pro-One emulation is dead on. I sold mine after I got theirs. If I need vintage emulation that's the only place to go in my opinion...

Hopefully these ASB boxes will expose the CW platform a little better. Their marketing is not so good and their line of product is not cheap. I can see that it's hard for people to fork their money on something they don't know what it really is. Creamware products are not very accessible at all in stores, no decent soundbytes, not many reviews, steep learning curve so it's hard to understand what it is just by learning descriptions online. It was a gamble for me but it was worth it IMO...
L8ter Oscill8ters!

Man-Machine wrote: I'm not trying to put down the Pro-53 or Minimonsta but these synths are sonically in a higher class. I have lots of analogue synths and also the softsynths you mentioned but now I'm a convert after listening to Creamware emulations. Their Pro-One emulation is dead on. I sold mine after I got theirs. If I need vintage emulation that's the only place to go in my opinion...
Definitely Minimax & Profit are my favourites synths. And, let's face it, their sonic quality are superior to Pro53 and Minimonsta.
Man-Machine wrote: Hopefully these ASB boxes will expose the CW platform a little better. Their marketing is not so good and their line of product is not cheap. I can see that it's hard for people to fork their money on something they don't know what it really is. Creamware products are not very accessible at all in stores, no decent soundbytes, not many reviews, steep learning curve so it's hard to understand what it is just by learning descriptions online. It was a gamble for me but it was worth it IMO...
Unfortunately, marketing and support are the weakest points of CW. I hope they change their strategy for this two products. I don't want them to follow the same path as the (sadly) departed Noah.

Alien M.
Last edited by alienmachine on Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

IT looks like creamware aren't going down without a fight .

Well, I don't think they're going down just yet. These two new products are using new technology for their new line of hardware. Go to www.planetz.com/forums and check out the announcements if you want to learn more about it.
Last edited by Man-Machine on Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L8ter Oscill8ters!

Thanks for the link :-)

mjones4th wrote:Creamware announced a hardware Minimax and Prophet 5 emulations!!!! Wow.

MINIMAX ASB

Profit 5 ASB
Could those jpg's *BE* any bigger ?

There's a guy in the next village complaining he can't see the detail on
my screen here ............. :wink:

They're cool, but seem kinda pricey for a 1 timbre dsp module to me.........

:?

kodama wrote:They're cool, but seem kinda pricey for a 1 timbre dsp module to me.........

:?
Yes, $850 for a VST in a nice box?

Ya, I mean, you could almost get a new Nord Modular G2 Rack, or a Nova, or Virus Classic, or 2 evolvers, an ION, etc....
Last edited by kodama on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Really cool, but I'd personally rather have custom controllers for VST software synths. I'd definitely pay $200 for a Pro53 custom controller. Maybe a Minimoog as well. Even if it isn't up to snuff with the Creamware version, I'd still prefer it because I use a laptop a lot of the time. VSTs fit my life better than 'real' synths.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Instruments”