What's happening at Musikmesse Frankfurt?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's happening at Musikmesse Frankfurt?

I'll be there Saturday. Do we have any special Sonic Reality action going on?

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

Nothing? Well, I'll be on my way in a couple of minutes. Maybe I gotta do The action myself?
Pack my Laptop & Sonic Synth in gig in Hall 5.1. :D
Anybody wants to bring his guitar? :wink:
tele

I've been itching for info :shrug:

I hope you will give a report on what you find. Have fun, and good luck.

Richard
'It's like a big fist breaking down my door --
I never felt such a love before!'

OK, I'm back from the Frankfurt Fair and my legs are hurting from all the walking and standing, now. :D

Of course I visited IK Multimedia / Sonic Reality's place as well.

I played around with SampleTankII and with SonicSynthII and the are great.

At their booth, they had permanently musicians playing with IK and SR toys and it was fun to watch tehm do it.

I also had the honor of doing some small talk with Squids and he's really a nice guy. I bet all the girls run for him. :D

tele

P.S.: I also had the luck to have Peter Siedlaczek give me a personal (1 on 1) demo of his new strings running with the KOMPAKT sample player. That was very nice and a pleasure to me.

There's a fine line between "run for him" and "run from him". ;) But, thanks.

It was nice meeting you. The show was fun. Lots of jamming. One of the things we enjoyed very much was playing Miroslav Philharmonik through the new CSR Classik Studio Reverb from IK. It sounded fantastic! The playability of Philharmonik is really GREAT! You instantly feel like a conductor and with hundreds of orchestral combi patches you can really have some fun! We played about 2 or 3 the whole show and there were big crowds evertime we played it. It has a luring quality (because it sounds like a real orchestra). There was a moment where I was messing around and then went into the Star Wars theme with the french horns and large strings and it was so loud it almost exploded. Everyone started clapping (probably because we all want to see Episode III). It was cool. I really think Philharmonik is going to be a popular product, judging from the response it gets.

Talking of which... are the demos on the ik page not the demos on the old Illio page? If so, when are you going to prepare new ones? I'm dying to hear it!
Cheers,

Coltell

Squids wrote:I really think Philharmonik is going to be a popular product, judging from t
he response it gets.
O my God, I missed that part. :cry:

Didn't realize you had Philharmonik there and only played around with ST2 ans SS2. Did you have it installed on the laptop that was on the left side of the booth? If yes, I must have been blind not to try it out. :D

tele

Hey Squids

I just listened to the Philharmonik Demos - sounds good.

One thing I'm usually missing, in this case as well, is examples of Chart-like type of music, with the string section.
I always wonder why the manufactores don't show their potentiality for non-classical use.

Here's 2 examples of what I mean and what I'm doing with strings.
http://www.winksbbs.com/smf/index.php?a ... 7.0;id=260

http://www.winksbbs.com/smf/index.php?a ... 9.0;id=182

The use of the strings might not be very natural - but who cares - I love them that way. :D

tele

coltell wrote:Talking of which... are the demos on the ik page not the demos on the old Illio page? If so, when are you going to prepare new ones? I'm dying to hear it!
Cheers,

Coltell
Yeah, those are just the original Miroslav demos for now. It is the same samples, although to be honest this sounds even a lot better. We've fine tuned this collection plus the additional material to the point where it sounds better than ever. So, new demos will be done soon. That's just a taste mostly for people who've never heard it at all.

telebunke wrote:
Squids wrote:I really think Philharmonik is going to be a popular product, judging from t
he response it gets.
O my God, I missed that part. :cry:

Didn't realize you had Philharmonik there and only played around with ST2 ans SS2. Did you have it installed on the laptop that was on the left side of the booth? If yes, I must have been blind not to try it out. :D

tele
It was only on the main stage.

Hi Squids,

What´s about Studiophonik? I think it is very quiet around that theme are there any problems? You announced Studiophonik in the beginning last year and now you want to release Philharmonik May 2005 (I´m also interested) we heart something first this year?! Can you tell us something new and about the planned timeline to release Studiophonik?

Regards

Thomas

detomaso wrote:Hi Squids,

What´s about Studiophonik? I think it is very quiet around that theme are there any problems? You announced Studiophonik in the beginning last year and now you want to release Philharmonik May 2005 (I´m also interested) we heart something first this year?! Can you tell us something new and about the planned timeline to release Studiophonik?

Regards

Thomas
Yes, we switched them around in terms of release but SR doubled the size of its programming team this year to be able to do more projects simultaneously. Studiophonik is a massive undertaking to do it the way we want to. But, it will be here this Summer perhaps along with some other cool things. :o

Squids wrote:Yeah, those are just the original Miroslav demos for now.
If you feel like using one of the 2 song parts to demo the use of Philharmonik as "Pop" strings, just ask me to send you the Cubase project and/or single tracks like the vocals.
One of the songs is really great to show the usability of the staccato patches.

tele

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”