Does anyone else notice Chorus crackling with M42 1.1?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some presets, for instance WARP Hendrixit, show a little bit of high-frequency crackling, very low amplitude, mostly on long notes. I hear it all the time, on three different soundcards, in three different hosts, and it sounds the same way when rendering to WAV. Pretty annoying. Turns out it goes away if I turn off Chorus. I wonder if anyone else noticed this?

Heh???

I'll check it out...but have not noticed in all this time!!!Thanks for the report

TC

OK...checked it out.
First I ran it from Receptor,( which is a linux based system) and it was fine..no clicks , crackles, ect.

However when i ran on my P4.in eXT...I heard it, but intermitantly.This leads me to believe its a P4 denormal issue.I will get to the DR on this. Thanks again for the report.

EDIT: can anyone else confirm this?

TC

Tim, I have it both on P4 and AMD64, so it is unlikely to be a denormal. Intermittent -- yes, but annoying :)

Actually, I've sent you a wave sample a few months ago, it probably got lost in the mail... If you look at the rendered wave, you'll see what it is -- drop-outs (signal goes to 0 and stays 0 for a few samples).

Not a big deal, though.

Nebula is fabulous!

Thanks!

Nor here either.........

Curt

I actually talked to the DR about this, and he noticed it too, and its not a quick fix ( like for a P4 thing) ..so thats in the list for the next update:-)

TC

Tim,

thank you very much for paying attention! M42 is absolutely fabulous already and will be even better in the next update! :)

which will never happen, right?

looks like... :hihi:

well..actually, an update is coming up..believe it or not!!

and just got word from the DR that with the new update, this problem has been addressed and fixed...so ITS COMING and you are gonna like it!!

YES YES YES YES - I am glad - anything juicy being added to the M42 (never noticed this crackling problem - but I tend to use the Nebula for arp and gate work more than long, held out string-type notes)?

I did not see the love for the M51 as I did for the M42, Tim. Have I missed something? I mean, the M42 has really grabbed my ear strings (like heart strings, only sonically) and I love the little monster - even the purpleness about it.

Tim, how is the M51 so different, other than the second X-Y pad? I have so many synths at this point that I only buy ones that sound dramatically different from anything I already own - purchased or freebies.

Problem is, I so appreciate and admire you and the Dr's creative abilities that it is hard for me NOT to buy it - but doing so right now would be only to own that which you two created and not for any other reason. I am sure I will eventually buy it "just because." If I didn't own the M42 I would probably have bought the M51 in a heartbeat (unless I heard the two side-by-side, then I must admit that the Nebula would have won out).

Mike

NOPE can't say I ever noticed it but hey if it's fixed I like it.

Karmacomposer wrote:YES YES YES YES - I am glad - anything juicy being added to the M42 (never noticed this crackling problem - but I tend to use the Nebula for arp and gate work more than long, held out string-type notes)?

I did not see the love for the M51 as I did for the M42, Tim. Have I missed something? I mean, the M42 has really grabbed my ear strings (like heart strings, only sonically) and I love the little monster - even the purpleness about it.

Tim, how is the M51 so different, other than the second X-Y pad? I have so many synths at this point that I only buy ones that sound dramatically different from anything I already own - purchased or freebies.

Problem is, I so appreciate and admire you and the Dr's creative abilities that it is hard for me NOT to buy it - but doing so right now would be only to own that which you two created and not for any other reason. I am sure I will eventually buy it "just because." If I didn't own the M42 I would probably have bought the M51 in a heartbeat (unless I heard the two side-by-side, then I must admit that the Nebula would have won out).

Mike

Hi Mike

well..the best thing to do is download the demo, although I have to tell you that for the next update I have majorly tweaked the default set so its much better. The main diff is that M51 is PD/VA/FM synthisis, while M42 is VA and Samples ( sf2). However with M51 there are more "fancy" things like 8 stage graphic envelopes, recordable warp patterns, a trance gate, ect..so it has a different sound then M42. But like I siad: they sound good together. But your own ears are your best judge.

Return to “AlgoMusic”