release date of livecut?

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeeehaaaaaah
Omerta

mdsp wrote:
larsby wrote:
mdsp wrote:don't know, it works for me in minihost.

do you have a PIII?
AMD Athlon Thunderbird.
Socket a
1.4GHz

There is no SSE2 on that motherboard.
Did you do any fancy ASM?
damn it should work. no fancy ASM just some compiler switches (doesn't everyone has a PIV compatble processor now?).

I don't have SSE2 either on my laptop (Athlon XP-M 2400)
Anyway, Id be happy to help you debug if you're interested.
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

Hahah, Im stupid.

Just figured out that PIV is P4 :) no that I dont have, its an AMD, so to get it to work, guess I'd better have to get me a new intel windows computer.

Or I just run it on my Mac.
Well anyway, the offer of debugging / beta testing still stands.

works perfectly in FL5 for me.

you made one bastard of a plugin, because now i want to use it in every track. :p

larsby wrote:...so to get it to work, guess I'd better have to get me a new intel windows computer...
i don't think so.. you might need a new processor, but you could just upgrade to an amd athlon xp as i got one and livecut works perfect here.
as mdsp pointed out that he doesn't have sse2 in his laptop and after having a look at wikipedia i know that my athlon xp with barton-core also doesn't have sse2, i guess it could be sse which is missing on your thunderbird.

I could make a version for old processors (<=P3) when I'll be back from vacation,

but with SSE enabled I got 50% less cpu usage...

R.A.W. wrote:
larsby wrote:...so to get it to work, guess I'd better have to get me a new intel windows computer...
i don't think so.. you might need a new processor, but you could just upgrade to an amd athlon xp as i got one and livecut works perfect here.
as mdsp pointed out that he doesn't have sse2 in his laptop and after having a look at wikipedia i know that my athlon xp with barton-core also doesn't have sse2, i guess it could be sse which is missing on your thunderbird.
Thanks for the info. will check out prices :)

mdsp wrote:I could make a version for old processors (<=P3) when I'll be back from vacation,

but with SSE enabled I got 50% less cpu usage...
That would be swell, have a happy holiday and take care!

as i don't want to open a new thread i just post the first (and for now only ;)) bug here..
subdiv leaves out the setting 12 when decreasing, meaning e.g. subdiv is set to 8, pressing (+) increases to 12, another (+) increases to 16, pressing (-) now decreases to 8 instead of 12.. just a little one and not very important, but still a bug ;)

larsby wrote:
R.A.W. wrote:
Thanks for the info. will check out prices :)
you're welcome.. but...

i did some more research on wiki and found out that there are 2 versions of the thunderbird 1400, one running on fsb 100MHz (b-model), the other one on 133MHz (c-model). as the smaller athlon xp cpus start at 133MHz fsb it depends on your mainboard if you only have to upgrade the cpu.
if the board and your memory is capable running 133MHz fsb you're done with a new cpu, if it's only capable of 100MHz you would have to upgrade cpu, mainboard and perhaps memory.. unfortunately.

I'll have to check that out.

I dont feel like shelling out for a whole new comp right now. Besides it works wonderfully on my mac :)

larsby wrote:I'll have to check that out.

I dont feel like shelling out for a whole new comp right now. Besides it works wonderfully on my mac :)
sure don't buy a new comp just for that, I'll release an old-cpu-friendly version when I'll come back.

mdsp wrote:
larsby wrote:I'll have to check that out.

sure don't buy a new comp just for that, I'll release an old-cpu-friendly version when I'll come back.
Thanks, well I got it running on the mac, with no problems at all.

R.A.W. wrote:subdiv leaves out the setting 12 when decreasing, meaning e.g. subdiv is set to 8, pressing (+) increases to 12, another (+) increases to 16, pressing (-) now decreases to 8 instead of 12.. just a little one and not very important, but still a bug ;)
just a reminder as i got the impression this post got lost in the cpu-discussion ;)

R.A.W. wrote:
R.A.W. wrote:subdiv leaves out the setting 12 when decreasing, meaning e.g. subdiv is set to 8, pressing (+) increases to 12, another (+) increases to 16, pressing (-) now decreases to 8 instead of 12.. just a little one and not very important, but still a bug ;)
just a reminder as i got the impression this post got lost in the cpu-discussion ;)
you can still use the dropdown menu in the meantime

Return to “Smart Electronix”