energyXT - WIKI FAQs and TIPs

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[EDIT: "WIKI" added to Topic Title by DarkStar]
unsticked by Jens

Hi there,

We have set up web pages for a FAQs section and a TIPs section.
It is advised to first download and read the several eXT Guides, Manual and Tutorials. And don't forget Caleb's on-line eXT manual too.
The FAQs and TIPs make more sense if you have read the documentations beforehand.

I have collected some Questions & Answers and also some Tips and Tricks on Asseca's website that were posted here at the energyXT forum.
You'll find answers and tips from experienced users like NicFit, DarkStar, plastique, shifrin, Jens and many more.
The goal of the FAQs and TIPs is to help you using energyXT.
If you find a problem while making music with eXT after you know the basics, simply check if it has already been answered. And, let me add this. In contrast to some people who like to think EnergyXT was some host for elitist people ("not for everyone, and that's a good thing"), I am sure it is a wonderful program for any musician who likes to spend some time with it!

As the "frequently asked questions" and "tips and tricks" are both "works in progress":
- ask what you do not understand here at the eXT forum, surely some user will know/find the answer.
- submit your tips and tricks here at the eXT forum, share your ideas with other users.

This will help us to let the FAQs and TIPs grow to be more useful to the energyXT community...

The link to assecas FAQ-website can be found HERE.

The one to our tips you'll find HERE.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some little addition, friends :) : As the FAQ and TIP- section and the downloadable files too aren't updated since last July, because new Tips and Faqs are put into the "Wiki", check these pages with newer additions too! The first links give you only the questions and answers up to July.

So for the FAQ-WIKI see: HERE,

and for the TIPS-WIKI: HERE.

I add good new Faqs and Tips with your usernames into the Wiki, but feel free to add your own ideas there at any time :)
Last edited by Klemperer on Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nice one. Thank you very much.
CubaseStudio4 µTonic/Rapture Nitro/GS-201/Ohmicide/TBK 1&3

I wonder - would an Ext wiki be helpfult in allowing all of us to contribute a little in temrs of documentation? Might lighten the load on Klemp, Darkstar, Nicfit et al .............

scuzzphut wrote:I wonder - would an Ext wiki be helpfult in allowing all of us to contribute a little in temrs of documentation? Might lighten the load on Klemp, Darkstar, Nicfit et al .............
good idea :-D - would also make it easier for depressive blokes like me to contribute... :oops:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I plan on doing a load of tuts and projects and XTS from my point of view over the coming weeks.

I think the one thing that people must realise is that this is a never ending process from different viewpoints, Jens works in a completly different manner to me and i have learnt so much from things he has said here, Conversly i work in a different way and would hope this may prove informative to others aswell.

I plan on doing all my tutorial sort of stuff in video (AVI Flash or Qt) because i think this is the best way to learn.

Nicfits flash tutorials have sorted me out more than once ;)
Omerta

NAS wrote:I plan on doing a load of tuts and projects and XTS from my point of view over the coming weeks.

I think the one thing that people must realise is that this is a never ending process from different viewpoints, Jens works in a completly different manner to me and i have learnt so much from things he has said here, Conversly i work in a different way and would hope this may prove informative to others aswell.

I plan on doing all my tutorial sort of stuff in video (AVI Flash or Qt) because i think this is the best way to learn.

Nicfits flash tutorials have sorted me out more than once ;)
Very nice idea :D . And I think you're right, any help is a great thing, and EnergyXT offers so many different possibilities how to work with it.

What's a WIKI, scuzzphut :oops: ? I only know WICKIE from Scandinavia, a hero of my childhood...

By the way I couldn't do this FAQ without asseca! He had the original idea, he reads any rant of me, looks if I don't collect stupidities, and finally puts it to his website :D.

a Wiki is an online repository of information that users can change and add to.

the best known exampls is, of course, wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
which is an online encyclopedia where the content is entirely contributed by the users.

The idea is that the Wiki is hosted somewhere and a framework is set up. After that, it's up to the Ext community to populate it with information.

I think we would :-)

FAQs and TIPs are now also available as downloadable CHM and PDF files from HERE. :)

an eXT-WIKI would be great...
--

...glad to be EXTended :D
...Always stay in tune...!

I am looking into a WIKI but:
I do not like the idea of a 3rd syntax, I already use HTML and BBcode, do not like the idea of WIKI syntax...

isn't that outweighed by the fact that everyone can contribute little snippets, though?
The overwhelming advantage of Wiki is that the burden of documentation is not borne by poor souls like yourself, Nicfit, Darkstar etc.

scuzzphut wrote:a Wiki is an online repository of information that users can change and add to.

the best known exampls is, of course, wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
which is an online encyclopedia where the content is entirely contributed by the users.

The idea is that the Wiki is hosted somewhere and a framework is set up. After that, it's up to the Ext community to populate it with information.

I think we would :-)
Thanks for explaining, Scuzzphut :D . WEll Wickie couldn't be filled with information :lol:.

i would participate in a wiki...perhaps this way we could perhaps lessen the newbie-questions due to a complete manual...

off topic : Do all of you know the Metal-version of "WICKIE " by the german fun-metal band J.B.O. ?? you should have listened to it :)
--

...glad to be EXTended :D
...Always stay in tune...!

RChler wrote:i would participate in a wiki...perhaps this way we could perhaps lessen the newbie-questions due to a complete manual...

off topic : Do all of you know the Metal-version of "WICKIE " by the german fun-metal band J.B.O. ?? you should have listened to it :)
No, don't know. But have to :D Nice to know :lol: (ah, there rings a bell...do you know from around which year that was?)

Concerning the WIKI: surely a great idea. Any help is greatly appreciated!! But the FAQ was thought more as an addition to the beginner's guide which is GREAT, isn't it? This and NicFit's tuts cover the whole range of getting into EXT, I think. I always thought people who DID read it and still have many questions (like myself) are those we should find answers for in the FAQ. Goal is: some day we'll know half as much as NicFit and DarkStar :lol: .

well, if one of our esteemed leaders would like to go to http://www.wikispaces.org/ , it's a fairly simple process :-)

that site is free and is financed by google ads down the RHS - a few more than KvR, but certainly acceptable.

It can be populated initially by the existing documentation and then added to or edited by any user. There's an RSS feed of changes and you can upload screenshots etc. too.

The alternative to this is for someone to install a wiki setup on a server for us to populate. I fear this may be a daunting task and certainly not something to bother Jorgen with (heaven forfend he deviate for 1 minute from coding Ext ! )

Seem like a good idea ?

Can I suggest that the current content providers (you knoe who you are, guys) get their heads together and see if it gets the green light - then set up a basic structure ??

Return to “energyXT”