NAMM starting tomorrow...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
zai
KVRian
656 posts since 12 Sep, 2004

Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:11 pm

I hope some of the "secrets" that Squids was dying to tell us will be revealed! :)

Zai

AndrewSimon
KVRAF
2565 posts since 30 Mar, 2004 from Phoenix AZ USA

Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:19 pm

Yeah where is my Amplitube2 damit :tantrum:

Trojan Badger
KVRian
541 posts since 19 Jun, 2002 from London, UK

Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:20 pm

I have enormous respect for Squids, and I use and love IK and Sonic Reality products. However I think it would be better to be less forthcoming about new products this time. None of the products announced at Winter Namm - Miroslav, CSR-1, Amplitube 2, Ampeg SVX and Studiophonik - have actually hit the shelves yet, and unless there's a realistic prospect of shipping a new product imminently it may be better to keep quiet about those following behind. Either that or put a clear expectation on delivery dates.
Three shall be the number of the counting

And the number of the counting shall be three.

zai
KVRian

Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:41 pm

I'm not trying to defend how Squids does his business...but just to be fair, it does take time to "finish" a product.

Starting is actually easy comparing to finishing it...I know from personal experience that starting a new music "project" is much easier than finishing one...as a matter of fact, almost 90% of my pieces are "unfinished".

Having said that, the more time I have to wait since the announcement, the higher expectation. And I'm hoping that this is the case for IK/Sonic Reality. I most certainly am looking forward in receiving my copy of Miroslav.

Zai

P.S. and plus, Squids usually have something to make up for our wait...or reward those who "pre-order"...or hit a certain number of sales.... :)

Trojan Badger
KVRian
541 posts since 19 Jun, 2002 from London, UK

Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:52 pm

As I said, I love Squids output unreservedly and everything he and IK have announced are thoroughly worth the wait. I work in a large software project which is clearly saying to its clients when the functionality it wants will be released, going all the way to 2007, and with the right level of expectation there's less impatience. And I know schedules slip. I just reckon this is a time when Squids might want to put less pressure on himself and have 6 months of delivery before we have our next period of patient anticipation.
Three shall be the number of the counting

And the number of the counting shall be three.

zai
KVRian

Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:57 pm

I totally agree wit ya Trojan.... :)

Hey Squids, can you feel us breathing down your neck yet? :p

Zai

telebunke
KVRian
1177 posts since 1 Apr, 2003 from Good old Germany

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:51 am

Trojan Badger wrote: I work in a large software project which is clearly saying to its clients when the functionality it wants will be released, going all the way to 2007, and with the right level of expectation there's less impatience.
As you said schedules slip. ;)

Right level of expectation in a software project for 2007? almost LOL
Only if every factor that waits on the way is 100% known before and if the specifications were really good and if there are no major issues that were not communicated by somebody and so forth.
My take after 14 years of freelancing in mainframe software development is that the big projects were on time, if it was mainly technical. But as soon as non IT departments are involved to a big degree, there's always gonna be "major Requests" that come up when you think your 75% through with the project. :)

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

Squids
Sonic Reality Head Chef
8399 posts since 11 Mar, 2002 from Florida

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:50 am

I agree. Don't expect a ton of new announcements. Miroslav shipping for August and stuff like that though. The other products DO take time and each one is a serious effort for IK and SR (in the case of the sound modules). We put a lot into it so it is a product that will last. We can expect all of them to be released this year though and perhaps many of them within the next few months.

The only thing I'd like to announce is the Squidzus RMX which has loops high passed at 96K (so only the very very high frequency harmonics can be heard) although it may be ahead of its time. It doesn't matter though because release date is set for 2010. ;) :D
http://www.sonicreality.com
http://www.esoundz.com
My album with guests Steve Hackett, Keith Emerson and more: http://www.davekerzner.com
Sonic Reality Progressive Rock Project: http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements

zai
KVRian

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:55 am

LOL! :p When does pre-order brgins for Squiduz??

Zai

Squids
Sonic Reality Head Chef
8399 posts since 11 Mar, 2002 from Florida

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:55 am

zai wrote:LOL! :p When does pre-order brgins for Squiduz??

Zai
December 2009. :D
http://www.sonicreality.com
http://www.esoundz.com
My album with guests Steve Hackett, Keith Emerson and more: http://www.davekerzner.com
Sonic Reality Progressive Rock Project: http://www.facebook.com/sonicelements

telebunke
KVRian

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:04 am

Squids wrote:
zai wrote:LOL! :p When does pre-order brgins for Squiduz??
Zai
December 2009. :D
OK, here is our offer.
You will open a pre-pre-order list, we'll pay $100 and we're gonna get it in 2010 for no more than that - which gives you some extra money to play in the meanwhile. ;)

tele

Mr. Tunes
Tunesmith
2891 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Toronto

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:24 am

the winter namm '05 was huge for IK announcements - it would be hard for any company to give two giant namm's consecutively. i am curious about some other firms this weekend though cause i heard a bunch were behind at getting their products up in january. maybe they just had nothing and were terrified about the onslaught of IK announcements so they chose to can everything they'd started working on :wink:

squids will give his great demos as ever and they'll have some great jams at the booth. have fun at the show DK

zai
KVRian

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:30 am

It's becoming a cat and mouse game of late...company trying to one-up one another...which is good news for us consumers...but with that comes delay. That's expected. :)

There are so many company doing "Reverb" software out there that it's becoming a little "too-much". For those who can afford them all, good for them...but most of us (hobbiest) can't buy them ALL. CSR, I'm hoping that you'll do the job for me! :)

Zai

P.S. Squids, make sure you do a lot of videos for Sonicstate and Harmony-central! Looking forward in seeing you in "person"...in the video! :p

RayC
KVRist
61 posts since 29 Jul, 2004 from Toronto, Canada

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:52 am

Trojan Badger wrote:I have enormous respect for Squids, and I use and love IK and Sonic Reality products. However I think it would be better to be less forthcoming about new products this time. None of the products announced at Winter Namm - Miroslav, CSR-1, Amplitube 2, Ampeg SVX and Studiophonik - have actually hit the shelves yet, and unless there's a realistic prospect of shipping a new product imminently it may be better to keep quiet about those following behind. Either that or put a clear expectation on delivery dates.
And then there's that iDrum thingy from NAMM 2004! :P

It even got some sort of Mix Magazine "cool stuff" award.

Whatever happened to that ?!?

8) Ray

(Just stirrin' the pot a bit :hihi: )

telebunke
KVRian

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:11 am

Have you ever noticed that the automotive industry is bringing out new models every other year?
Look at VW for example. Beetle and Golf I were built for a long, long time, Golf I was probably way over 10 years. That's a lot of time to develop great new models, that actually work. ;)
Now, you can see some cars that last for 1 or 2 years and then you're gonna have new models? How shall a company produce lasting cars that way? They don't - the quality has decreased and it's all for the purpose of shareholder value. ;)

That said, I'd rather wait and get a good, finished product. There are other product out there on the market or announced but not out yet that seem to take a little longer than planned originally. That's totally cool with me - it just shows that they take more time to do it right, if necessary - which is good for us, the customers.

tele

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”