Summer Namm

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
shamann
KVRAF
12245 posts since 18 Aug, 2003

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:11 am

Checked out the press releases so far on Harmony Central, pretty dull stuff so far. (also checked out Sonic State, but 75% were Roland/Boss or Behringer. WTF?)

Although, Zildjian's ability to routinely come out with new lines of cymbals never ceases to amaze me. The Antares AVox thing seems interesting, not sure if they'll be showing it at NAMM though (probably too expensive for me anyway). Not looking like any major software announcements are forthcoming (one more version of Sonar, I suppose).

These things at least look cool, no idea if they're any good:

Anybody got some inseider info? Seen any new cool stuff?

jens
KVRAF
19218 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:19 am

shamann wrote:one more version of Sonar, I suppose
Sonar Home Studio 4: a really important new version as it is the first Home Studio version which isn't based on Sonar2 anymore but on 4 instead with even some kind of a sneak preview to Sonar5. Now you get a flavour of Sonar4 for ~150$!

shamann
KVRAF
12245 posts since 18 Aug, 2003

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:38 am

Sure, but any new product that requires me to look over a comparison chart with its brethren so that I can actually make sense of the versioning nomenclature does not get my vote for being exciting.

Worthwhile, sure, but so is tax software.

jens
KVRAF
19218 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:53 am

shamann wrote:Sure, but any new product that requires me to look over a comparison chart with its brethren so that I can actually make sense of the versioning nomenclature does not get my vote for being exciting.

Worthwhile, sure, but so is tax software.
agreed with that! :)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”